Them Rack Thingys

thenewboy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, when I ordered one a few months back it took a while to come :D but it was alright for the price so I wasn't bothered but if you need it to a date, then I can understand why the episode has made you embitter :D

It was just the blatent lying that annoyed me! the rack is great but his service rubbish! if he had told me straight he wasn`t able to post it for a week then fine I could of made my mind up there but too speak too the bloke twice and get told 3-5 days then oh i posted it friday. when the reality is he posted it the following thursday!

You got that rack and sherco tied together with the cable from your lighting board

:D

What stops the bike from hitting the car?

If it's an upright bar behind the rear wheel does it mark your rim when tightened up?

Edited by windlestone

No there's 2 ratchet straps holding the bike on, the bungee's just hold the lighting board on.

There's an upright behind the back wheel that stops it hitting the car, there's quite a lot of clearance, I can even get things out of the boot with the bike strapped on.

A word of warning with the racks, ( mine was a dave cooper) I had never had any problems and it was actually my second one from dave,The bike was strapped up as usual going round a corner, single track lane, last summer, and there was a farmer coming in his tractor, had to brake reasonably sharply (not boy racer style) but the bike hit the back of the car with the momentum,and the upshot was, it put a dint in the boot of my car, after that I welded on an extra upright to the rack, which seemed to stiffen it up considerably.Regards Mick

all I can say is what an absolute lying *******!!!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :o

I think you're getting very worked up over a couple of days.

I can only assume that you waited in at home for it to arrive, rather than having it delivered to your work.

... try nearly 2 weeks, and yes he waited in. He works nights most of the time so you can see where that wouldn't work!!

Yes, I can see the problem with that. :D

Being told one thing and then it not happening, twice, is the annoying bit. Especially as i recommended them to him!! I ordered mine a few years ago and it turned up fine.... but this is not the first time i have heard of delivery time problems from Coopers lately. It's all about service these days.... have a bad one and we can go elsewhere...

I've had mine for a couple of years, got a good service, and found it to be an excellent product. Maybe Dave Cooper has taken on too much work or something.

As you say, we can all vote with our wallets but I just think that a couple of days isn't something to have a rant over. :D

I think nearly two weeks is more than a few days!!! especially as he lied about when he posted it!

Being self employed imagine how much money I could have lost waiting around fro this too be delivered if I wasn`t in the situation that I am

Edited by barrybaines

I think nearly two weeks is more than a few days!!! especially as he lied about when he posted it!

He was told 3-5 working days (and 5 would take it to 25th) and it arrived on 28th.

I'm not trying to justify what Dave did, or didn't do, but am just trying to get things into perspective.

As to ringing barry to tell him what a lovely time you were having, that's nasty :D , but there's nothing like kicking a bloke when he's down. :D