Omg What Have I Done...

bwolfe

Went down to Smage's and bought an '04 Sherco last night.

That's awesome, right? I've been on layoff for 3 years now! So I'm very excited to be riding again...

What's the scary part?

The bike used to belong to Craig. :0

(Don't worry Craig, I'm sure I'll be able to keep it sideways or upside down as much as you did.. )

OK I'm just teasing. Really.. I'm super excited to be riding again..

Bentley Wolfe

Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player

Adobe

(Don't worry Craig, I'm sure I'll be able to keep it sideways or upside down as much as you did.. )

I'm sure you can!

FYI, Don't listen to Noel, the bike isn't jinx'ed. That's the problem with his mind, he worries his little head about all that voo-doo stuff.

Now, does anyone want a 83' Montesa Cota 348?

FYI, Don't listen to Noel, the bike isn't jinx'ed. That's the problem with his mind, he worries his little head about all that voo-doo stuff.

Actually Noel didn't have any jinx-y things to say about it. And actually that was the bike I rode last September for the gate trial at Noel's. At that point I hadn't ridden but maybe once all year, and despite that the Sherco made me look pretty decent. My team didn't win the trial, but I had a much better ride than expected. So I was quite please with the bike....

now i just have to find my balance again.. and some (*&^(*&^ing gas money to get to Wauzeka!

Bbbent

Laid off?  I can't think of a better time to get a bike -- no work to get in the way of riding!!!

Sorry. I meant laid off from RIDING, not from working.. my company got bought last year and I wished for a layoff! Sit around, wait for the severance to run out. That would have been sweet... But no, I had to keep working! damnit!

Been three years since I rode an entire season. I can only guess at how badly I'm going to score at next week's trial!

bbbent

Bent,

It is good to see you back, especially on a Sherco.

Ryan will be back in Decatur this September doing one of his famous schools. This year it will be an advanced course. If you are interested send me a note.

Wayne

wthais@hughes.net

I've already been thinking about this Wayne. But it's going to depend on the date and what's going on with the kids (and my house. I'm doing a lot of construction this year..)

Date wise, WOTA's Baraboo event is Sept 30/October 1.

(See http://www.wisconsintrials.org or http://www.geocities.com/baraboohillsmc/)

So there's a lot going on in September beyond that. So we'll see. I'd love to come down again, really miss that event..

bbbent

• 2 weeks later...

By the way... here's what happens when you take 3 years off and you're out of shape:

http://www.wisconsintrials.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=50

You score last in class!!

But i only took two 5's. And only one of those was a crash. The other one was because I thought I was out of bounds. But I realize now I wasn't. I was probably very close to missing the split but I could have gotten it back in. Mental failure.

That said, I'm sure I could have ridden the WOTA intermediate class and scored pretty well. That was the class I always rode in before. But I wanted more of a challenge. Nowhere to go but up from here... :D

bbbent