250 4 Stroke

north_yorkshire_lad

Yes, meant to say it was as you had found it but got carried away - was only meant to be a few lines of my first impression in a carpark.... :D

Also forgot to mention I've never ridden a Sherco 4T so can't compare the Scorpa (or Mont) to one of those

Glad to hear the positive feedback, as I am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my SY250F, here in the US. After have 3 SY250 2-strokes, in succession, I went to the SY175F last year. Having grown up on 4-strokes, I loved it. I was amazed at how well the little motor would pull me around.

The 175 was a bear to warm up as well. It improved once you change out the "too lean" pilot jet, but still to forever. Surprisingly, cooling down while walking the sections was not a problem. Even if the engine cooled enough that you had to choke it again to start it, you could just immedialy turn off the choke and ride it cleanly. Just something about that ice cold engine that made it tough to bring to life.

I am so looking forward to the SY250F finally getting here.

It all sounds positive so far, apart from the time to warm it up but thats nothing really. Do you know if they're gonna come with any graphics on them at all? also any ideas on the rrp?

Thanks for the report Woody.

If any of you have the chance to ride the Scorpa 4t in muddy conditions could you post your findings, I found my 4rt lost traction in the mud. However, i did find after some time of ownership if i lent 'far' back it would gain traction - but leaning back going up a steep climb is not for me.

This is worth a mention, the Scorpa 4t has a Yamaha engine which i'm 99% sure will be built proof and on par with the 4rt. I agreed the comments about the graffics, it could do with a little bit more sparkle in the visual department. Is the price known yet?

Changing the subject at little: I was talking to a rider the other day about 4t's and he mentioned there is a tune kit for the 4rt, it costs about