Yokes

grib

The forks on my Fantic 240 have always been a bit sticky so I stripped them last weekend & put new seals & 5W oil in them, they seemed a bit better but still not great. Tonight I took the top yoke off (a Fantic 200 one) and measured the centres of the holes compared with the bottom yoke - 0.6mm less, so I put the original 240 yoke on & the forks are fine. The problem is I fitted the 200 yoke to improve the handlebar position, so, my question is are yokes usually machined as pairs so they match exactly? or is the difference likely to be caused by tolerances? (and does anyone have a pair of 200 yokes for sale?)

I personally would not recommend putting a 200 bottom yoke on a 240. The late twin screw yokes that came with the 240s were also fitted to latter 200s to stop the forks steering themselves. I have the same mod on all my 240s and havnt had a problem....the forks are not going to be like my 300 gasgas now are they..... I will check and see if i have the same problem and willl get back to you. I have 3 of 4 pairs if 200 and 240 yokes which I will measure and post the results with a drawing. I think your 0,6mm is just toleramnce. If so you might want to look for one with a bitter fit

HTH

Lee