Where's Me Nuts!

austini

There's not a lot I can bitch about with my SY however one thing that does bug me is loose nuts and bolts.....

I know after every ride we all check the tightness of the various screw on bits and bobs (Don't We!!!!) but out of all the bikes i've owned my SY needs the most atention. Main area's being the rear sprocket, front/rear disks and the rear/front fenders, i've loctighted and torqued all the above fastenings but to no avail. Is this a common SY thing????? any other thread sealers you guys can recommend?

There's not a lot I can bitch about with my SY however one thing that does bug me is loose nuts and bolts.....

I know after every ride we all check the tightness of the various screw on bits and bobs (Don't We!!!!) but out of all the bikes i've owned my SY needs the most atention. Main area's being the rear sprocket, front/rear disks and the rear/front fenders, i've loctighted and torqued all the above fastenings but to no avail. Is this a common SY thing????? any other thread sealers you guys can recommend?

EH WHAT !!! SY ATENTION !! WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT! :D:D

EH WHAT !!! SY ATENTION !! WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT!

loose fastening maintainance then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that clearer lad?

It was quite clear in the first place!!!!!!!, i was just refering to the fact that my SY is not a bike requiring very much spanner twirling! :D as they are surely the very best trials bike in the world!! :D:P

I apologise!! after 15 years in aus and undergoing a frontal labotomy to gain citizenship my ability to decifer double meanings has deminished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree the SY is the best all round bike on the market but I still want to know if any other riders have suffered more problems with loose nuts on their SY's than previous machines.

I apologise!! after 15 years in aus and undergoing a frontal labotomy to gain citizenship my ability to decifer double meanings has deminished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree the SY is the best all round bike on the market but I still want to know if any other riders have suffered more problems with loose nuts on their SY's than previous machines.

Dear Austini

I didn't need a lobotomy, being born here in OZ. I have found though that the heat does tend to gradually melt ones brain which is probably a bit similar to having a lobotomy, but slower.

Anyway, about the fasteners, I have seen two Beta Rev3s, one TY250Z and one Scorpa SY250 all suffer from the frame screws and brake disc screws coming loose in use. I don't think it is a problem confined to SY250s.

David

Dear Austini

I didn't need a lobotomy, being born here in OZ. I have found though that the heat does tend to gradually melt ones brain which is probably a bit similar to having a lobotomy, but slower.

Anyway, about the fasteners, I have seen two Beta Rev3s, one TY250Z and one Scorpa SY250 all suffer from the frame screws and brake disc screws coming loose in use. I don't think it is a problem confined to SY250s.

David

As we have hard going for only about 2 day a year and the rest of the time non stop soft mud, maybe that makes a difference?

I must admit the last trial was a two day event with stacks of bone and bike shacking rocks, plus I was riding one grade higher so I was well out of my comfort zone. No wonder the bike had a few nuts loose, I might have lost a couple of appendages too if "er in doors :D " hadn't got there first!!! :D