Gearlever

emil

Best I can say is " Sumpin' Ain't Right " !

I'm thinkin' there should be locator pins on the side covers and the gasket but I don't know .

It does remind of a time ( not related ? )where I popped a clutch apart ( laying on it's side ) put it back together , went to tighten the screws /bolts and busted the head off ! What I figgered was that oil had got into the blind hole and when I went to tighten the bolt , it locked ( hydraulic ) and snapped . I didn't put much pressure on it honest ! Yeah Okay maybe it was ready to go , maybe i'd had too many... I don't think so .

Anyway , just somethin' to look out for .

Case screws abide by "murphy's law." They break off with little or no pressure if they are fractured. My fork pinch bolts on the axle had the head snap off just riding, and I decided to start changing bolts pre-emptively. Tried to remove an 8 mm allen bolt and it just fell off. Makes ya' think again about re using critical hardware. One time my nephew snapped the steering stem clear off jumping his Fantic K Roo off a six foot high loading dock. Mr. Miller of the section one trials shop told him he had never seen the steering stem snapped off on a K-Roo. I was amused. :D

put it back together , went to tighten the screws /bolts and busted the head off ! What I figgered was that oil had got into the blind hole and when I went to tighten the bolt , it locked ( hydraulic ) and snapped . I didn't put much pressure on it honest !

Silicone and other forms of gasket goo can do this very easily.

I've seen THICK pieces of cast aluminum break off as if they were supposed to!

Very important to keep goo (and blast media) out of blind holes.