Montesa Lock

dr nick

I`ve not long bought a 2003 mont ,and it came with all the lighting and a manual.It also came with some sort of locking device , after having a few garage breakins around here lately I wanted to make my bike a BIT more secure .

It looks like the locking device needs to be screwed into something

Anyone know how the damn thing works.

Edited by Dr Nick

It goes under the bottom fork yoke.

its only a steering lock, and a light weight trials bike could easily be lifted by the front wheel

To be honest, you would be much better off with a large Abus padlock & chain, and lock it to something solid!

A baby listener in the garage is also a reasonably cheap solution!

Failing that, get a hungry rottweiler!!!

Edited by monty-python

I think you mean the nickel plated bar with two flexible joints, one each end. It fits by removing the bottom clamp bolt from the leftside of the bottom fork yoke and one of the bolts from the side rail. You screw the "loose" bolts into the bike in place of the bolts you've taken out, then lock the bar to the cut outs on the bolts you've fitted. Difficult to explain but obvious if you offer it up first. It will lock the steering permanently. Don't forget to replace the original bolts when you take it off. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...