Beta Rear Brake Problem

leggins

You wouldn't want his mate...... spends too much time bouncing down things :beer:

I replaced the piston inside my rear master cylinder just after i got my Beta and syringe bled it.... but used it as a vacuum blead, drawing the oil through with it rather than pushing it back. You can turn the piston seals inside out if you pressure from the caliper backwards. I know as it did it to me. took it apart and discovered the lip seal had folded back. Drawing down towards the caliper worked a treat on mine....

I thought about self abuse earlier too get in before you done but thought na!!! wish I had now!!!! ;)

I been thinking about what you said about the seal and it really doesn`t make much logical sense? Think about it..... no matter how the oil goes into the system its only ever going too put pressure on the pistons/seals one way no?

Just a thought

I did a good bleeding job on my lads Rev50 this week. Brake was excellent yesterday, and for the first few sections today. Then all of a sudden nothing. Bugger - back to square one ;)

Strip down this week. I'm Ok with the caliper end, but anybody know how much you can do with the cylinder end?

I did a good bleeding job on my lads Rev50 this week. Brake was excellent yesterday, and for the first few sections today. Then all of a sudden nothing. Bugger - back to square one ;)

Strip down this week. I'm Ok with the caliper end, but anybody know how much you can do with the cylinder end?

I know on the bigger machines BVM sell the AJP kits that includes the piston and seals I believe for just over 11 quid

HTH

Mmmm...I wish I could think of something witty to say...I just cant stop wondering if you're pulling my leg r2w..or should I say OUR LEGS.

Somehow though I think this thread is not gonna get anywhere close to talking about rear brakes ever again!!!!