Fastest Way To Lube The Bones.....

uhoh7

Been readin all the threads about rear linkage and the bearing replacment stuff and thought I'd better grease my 06 300 now, since it has about 430K and has been in pleanty of water.

What's the cleanest sequence just to grease?

obvioulsy the fender and wheel are coming off.... should I

a) remove shock?

:rolleyes: remove swing arm at main pivot, then disassemble the linkage?

Is it possible to overgrease?

TY boys

Hi 7

You can either just remove the wheel and disassemble everything from beneath, or you may find its easier to see what you're doing if you take the swinging arm out, complete with rear brake master cylinder. The advantage of taking the swinging arm out is that it runs on plain bushes straight onto the pivot tube, so if there's dirt or no grease in there it can wear out pretty fast. Its also easier to get to the two bearings in the underside of the swinging arm.

Have fun,

Dave

Hi there.

Don't remove the swingarm unless you need to, it's a pain to put back in and the bushes don't wear that quickly.

Best thing to do is remove rear & centre box from exhaust, remove the top shock bolt and then dissassemble the dog bones and linkages from below leaving the swingarm in place.

clean and inspect all the grease seals and needle roller bearings and bushes on the dog bone links.

Be carefull when cleaning the roller bearings, as they will fall apart, don't lose any of the needles or you'll need new ones, once all cleaned pack them with fresh wheel bearing grease and re-install the same way you removed them.

Hope it helps.

Cheers. :rolleyes:

Hi there.

Don't remove the swingarm unless you need to, it's a pain to put back in and the bushes don't wear that quickly.

Best thing to do is remove rear & centre box from exhaust, remove the top shock bolt and then dissassemble the dog bones and linkages from below leaving the swingarm in place.

clean and inspect all the grease seals and needle roller bearings and bushes on the dog bone links.

Be carefull when cleaning the roller bearings, as they will fall apart, don't lose any of the needles or you'll need new ones, once all cleaned pack them with fresh wheel bearing grease and re-install the same way you removed them.

Hope it helps.

Cheers. :rolleyes:

If you don't remove the swingarm you can still remove the swingarm pivot axle and put a coat of grease on it, then put it back in. I