Trials Riders Switching To Enduro

atomant

My problem was the stopping. I knew in my mind when a trials bike would stop. My first foray in to enduro was on an Army 500 Maico. Not ideal at 17 year old. Stopping distance was doubled. It would go anywhere up hill, and would go THROUGH anything downhill <_<

At 17 the adrenaline was great. At more than double that adrenaline hurts :beer:

I'd love to have another go, not particularly to be at the front, as I've not got the bottle any more to take the risks, just to get the buzz that you do get from a bit of speed. Too expensive for me at the moment though.

Costs!!! We always say Trials riders are tight!! I have done Enduros but the costs are nothing compared to the Stage rallies that I did before I was Married.

Entry fees of over

Atom. Don't know where I fit in, as I never did trials before this year, having come from Enduro, H&H and Rallies and trail riding. Post NERC, there are a few that I know that are just starting in the sport at my age, just for something to do now and again.

There's a lot less travelling, and the bikes don't seem to need so much attention.

There's very few egos that need massaging, from what I see. More a case of a new challenge.

Atom. Don't know where I fit in, as I never did trials before this year, having come from Enduro, H&H and Rallies and trail riding. Post NERC, there are a few that I know that are just starting in the sport at my age, just for something to do now and again.

There's a lot less travelling, and the bikes don't seem to need so much attention.

There's very few egos that need massaging, from what I see. More a case of a new challenge.

what rumbles ya belly :thumbup: If you're enjoying it, then good luck matey B)

I've recently started doing some enduro's after 10 years of trials. Its a nice change and it offers its own challenges but it lacks the atmosphere of trials. Its only my first year of enduros but I have done all the north of england championship so far this year and I only know about 5 people. I can go to a local north east trial and theres probably only 5 people I don't know!

I agree with some of the previous comments, i find it easy for me (not trying to blow my own trumpet) to regularly get into the top 5 or 6 in the expert class, but the other week I set the fastest time on the first timed special test, including championship riders, at the otterburn enduro and it was scary how fast I had to go. The worrying thing was I have never ridden a trials bike and thought 'bol**cks to it, I don't care what happens' but thats what it felt like while I was in that test. I guess a good point to enduros is that when you get back on your trials bike and your pointing it at a large rock you just think 'whats the worst that can happen?, i was doing 90mph along a forest road that suddenly ended with a ditch last week!' (stang enduro in the fog with steamed up goggles, not a good idea!!!)

I havn't been on my trials bike for about 3 months and I can't wait to get back and do a local trial again, just waiting for the right trial to make my come back!