Oi Slapshot!

Andy

We need some rain leading up to the event for Dougs sake (remember last year on the Saturday walk round and Raga spitting his dummy big style :D ) still suppose it will be dry for him in the jury office when he hands in his protest at around 4.30 next Sunday.

.. what does the millions of pounds worth of techinical gear tell us. If it is the same as my free natural stuff i suggest we go with that!!! :P

MULTI millions, Heath, thank you, multi millions....... in that we get this: Two NEC SX6 comprises a 15-node cluster with eight processors per node. The vector processors within each node share a single 32 Gigabyte memory and have a theoretical peak performance of 8 Gigaflops. The combined 2-cluster SX6 has a total peak performance of 1.9 Teraflops with a total memory of nearly 1 Terabyte. (Flop stands for 'Floating Point Operation' - or arithmetical instruction.) Used to be a pair of Cray T3Es, but the were not quick enough..... Great for a game of space invaders at night :D

Okay, Looks pretty good to be honest. Temperatures well into the upper 20's for most of the weekend though a chance of mist or patchy fog on both Saturday and Sunday morning. Very little wind (apart from that generated by forum members present :D ) but a very slight chance of thundery showers later on Sunday.

I'm back in here Wednesday so I'll stick an update on then.

Still jealous I can't get there :beer:

Okay, Looks pretty good to be honest. Temperatures well into the upper 20's for most of the weekend though a chance of mist or patchy fog on both Saturday and Sunday morning. Very little wind (apart from that generated by forum members present <_< ) but a very slight chance of thundery showers later on Sunday.

I'm back in here Wednesday so I'll stick an update on then.

Still jealous I can't get there :beer:

Postcode-specific weather report? Regular updates in the run-up to the trial? Deserves a TC t-shirt, that does....or at least some fork stickers! :wub:

Weekend weather looking interesting, from a professional point of view of course.... <_<

Still looks warm 22-24 degrees but more chance of showers right through the weekend. (you don't want to be there over the next day or two, up to 30 and thunder). Two different weather systems converging on the uk, both likely to kill each other off but it'll still increase the number of showers over both days. I'll get a better look at the models tomorrow at work...watch this space

We need some rain leading up to the event for Dougs sake (remember last year on the Saturday walk round and Raga spitting his dummy big style <_< )

That can be arranged.... :beer:

Our latest guidance suggests a general change in the overall pattern. The hot humid weather we have had will drift into Europe bringing a more normal westerly airstreams however the transition over the next few days should be interesting.

What does this mean; take the waterproofs folks.

Friday/Saturday

Patchy out breaks of rain possibly thundery into Saturday morning. Warm humid night

Saturday

Warm and humid, rain pushing east but occasional thundery showers developing as the day progresses. Breeze increasing during the day. Temps up to 22

Sunday

Similar to Saturday but far fewer showers. Potential for a lot of sunshine and temperatures pushing back up to 25 degrees but feeling less humid. Be very unlucky to catch a shower after lunchtime on Sunday

Like every weather forecast this could change patterns fairly complex at the minute, I'll keep you posted