Newly Restored Sherpa

majesty320

Though Id post a couple of pics of my newly restored m80 sherpa. I know its not competitive in the twin shock class, but I think it was one of the best looking trials bikes ever built, and besides that trickest bike in the world wouldnt win with me on board. Hope you like it. Cheers Mark p.s anybody out there got a triangular silencer for this bike.

Edited by majesty320

Very nice indeed, lovely job. These bikes are just crying out for a Pre74 or 75 class in the ACU Classic series. They don't stand a chance against the more modern stuff with good riders on board but it would be great to see them able to compete in a class of their own on an easier route. Enough are being sold on ebay, as are Ossas and Mont 247.

Be carefull when buying a modern replica silencer. Some have been produced that are externally excellent but are nothing but an empty box inside.

I have an original triangular silencer on my own model 80. It has a huge effect on the exhaust noise making the bike sound quite but flat. Only issue is that it is very close to the rear of my boot and gets bent backwards and inwards and then get's knocked by the swinging arm. I have to readjust it's position on a regular basis.

Any body else experianced this problem?

Stuart

I intend to ride it at our local pre 65 clubs twin shock class, I though about fitting the original style metal mud gaurds but desided agaist it as I didnt want them getting damaged. If I fit a silencer how badly is the power effected, as its really loud, on par with a motox bike. Im probably only going to ride it until my Majesty is back up and running, this is being converted back to a 250, so if theres anybody out there who wants all the necessary bits to build a 320 let me know.

320 barrel newly rebored

head with one broken fin

320 piston used once

crank cases machined to take 320 piston

head gasket opened out to take larger piston

spacer for between barrel and crank cases

read block spacer

Flywheel with full width weight ( exchange if possible for 250 item)

Let me know if your interested, serious offers please as I know how much this stuff can change hands for, Im only selling it as the 320 is to powerful for me

Edited by majesty320

You hity the nail on the head... the exhaust note is quieter but the power is restricted with the triangular box, also it fouls your leg. Why do you think riders took them off in 1971? :beer:

Big John

Mine was taken off one bike for the reason and the other was destroyed in a fire <_<. Put it onto my (running) restoration project bike (laid up since 1985) and tried to start it, took the box off et voila! A runner was mine due to taking the horrible box off.

• 6 months later...

You hity the nail on the head... the exhaust note is quieter but the power is restricted with the triangular box, also it fouls your leg. Why do you think riders took them off in 1971? :D

Big John

Mine was taken off one bike for the reason and the other was destroyed in a fire :D. Put it onto my (running) restoration project bike (laid up since 1985) and tried to start it, took the box off et voila! A runner was mine due to taking the horrible box off.

I wonder if thats whats wrong weve my m80 , ie poor starting/ running very woolly? its fitted weve the boomerang type silencer? to much back pressure??? anyway does anyone here ride bikes weve left and right sided rear brakes? im going to have to swap bikes now and again? ie the majesty to this M80 can it be done? i aint no Mick Andrews! :rotfl:

Mark, Cant bring up the pic's of your M80? :rotfl: