2004 Gas Gas , Goods & Bad

mostar

I've had one from new and had no problems with it whatsoever. IMO the 04's are better made than the new ones, but the key to these and any used bike is how its been looked after. Provided the air filter has always been kept clean, and the gearbox oil changed on a regular basis it should be fine. Check for play in the swinging arm spindle and suspesion bushes though.

I had a go on a new 06 Raga earlier in the year. It was an amazing bike, but I just couldn't find any grip.

My lack of ability is the problem, but I certainly wouldn't recommend one to an inexperienced rider.

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I have done it & I got the 2004 raga , Went out on the weekend & LOVE it , The power is wicked , I have only ever had montesa & scorpa bikes , So it is some thing differnt , VERY HAPPY :thumbup:

post-2748-1155545575.jpg

Edited by mostar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there ,

Yes that is the one & I love it ,

The power is responsive but am getting use to it , But saying that , A new trye and the right air in the back trye ,Its sweet , I did own Scorpa sy 250s and they had good power , But I like the raga power more ,

Very Happy

:)

Edited by mostar

They make a software program that you install in a lap top then plug into your cdi ignition and program your power output. You can make it faster or slower on the bottom or on the top. The stock setting is pretty fast but she can go faster. I like mine stock it has a little low end and alot of quickness.

Hi

Cheers for that , It has taken 3 to 4 rides to get use to it but its all good now , I like the bottom end smooth power & when the more power comes in its wicked ,

I think it is a lot to do with clutch control & body position myself ,

Thanks

:rolleyes: