Wanted

jack_h

i am lucking to be buying a 125 and am wondering what would be the best bike for around 1500 pounds. i do not realy want a gasgas as many people have told me that they are unreliable and break very easily

Edited by jack_h

Ayup Jack.

I have pm 'ed you with details of one of Jacks old bikes that is for sale, and in your price range.

Contact details are in there, if you have any questions just give Jacks dad

a ring.

Cheers.

Adsy.

You're LOOKING to buy a 125 eh!! :blink:

If you come acrossa late TXT Gas Gas 125 they are a substantial bike and were considered pretty bullet proof. I would avoid any Gas Gas Pro 125 before the 2004 model, after that they are a better bet. However at 1500 If Jack's Bike suits I can't think of better. Beta's are a good stable platform to ride and are pretty rugged. Jack's may have a few mods but they are mainly carb mods so if it's a bit much you can remove them or fit a "slow" throttle. If you Buy a Sherco use a good quality synthetic Mix oil prior to 2004. The 2004 Sherco came in two versions as well. The "Academy" model has a High compression head so if you look at one check it isn't too firey for you. The suspension is better tho so you have a trade off. All in all sounds like you know how to maintain them so most will last ok. You will break things tho so allow for that in the budget.

Edited by Telecat