06 Beta 250

old skool

Hi ive got an 06 beta 250 and its a great bike i love the riding position but after a year on a 05 sherco 250 i find the engine to be rather flat

I would like to make it more shercolike i was told to get used to it and i have and can use the engine the way its ment to

The bike is in peices at the moment (fork seals have gone and new tyre) so i was at cowm quarry today and i had a go on a sherco 290 with kehin carb and loved the engine

ive also rode richard timperlys gasgas and found the engine very good

I know i couldnt make it as powerful as the sherco but cold i get my engine close to that as in responsive and solid feeling

so just wondering if i can make the bike more powerfull or am i wasting my time???

thanks in advance Cheers Jamie

is the bike as it came from the shop... if so then take the flywheel weight off and fit a white throttle tube. Make sure the carb is cleaned and set up correctly.

http://www.kdmototrials.com.au/Tech_MIKUNIFix1.pdf may help.

... I have the carb float bowl extension on mine and a V-Force reed kit on the way... but as it stands i ride better and find it better off the bottom end than my 300 gasgas i had previous.

flywheel weight off high compression head factory front pipe quick action throttle diff reeds

... this from a man who throws his 250 rev3 over his head very frequently, and he still has the black slow action throttle on !!!!! :o

well its just a list of optional extras!!!! plus my problem isn`t a power issue just one of over commitment :blink: oh just about too order my new bars and with it will come a quick action throttle tube!

Betarev3 Posted Today, 06:46 AM

Heath, what do you think to the V Force reeds and if good where can I get some

Cheers

As far as i`m aware he hasn`t yet got them, but should be on the way soon :o

Edited by barrybaines

as far as vforce go I have them in stock and can sell to you or your dealer.. have him fax me I have 50 sets in stock

ron

Beta Usa

sorry for the earlier post did not know you were restricted..

Vforce will help .. take off flywheel weight as described.. White tube throttle also good idea.. not sure head pipe will make that much differance but high comp head will ..