Manx 2 Day

doogle

Only 2 weeks away. I can't wait. Best trial of the year IMHO. ( Even though Steam Packet make it horrendously expensive, but I wont get into that again)

Hoping to get another finishers trophy. (A trophy for just finihing, Brilliant!) Only one I have got a chance of winning. But that doesn't matter. Top trial, and lots of beers on the Saturday night.

Who on the forum is riding. Might see you there.

Im riding in it :blink: Well thats if we can get the boat sorted out :o What number are you?

Me and the blokes I am riding with are 1,2(me) and 3. What no are you?

We are having to sail accross at 2am on the Friday morning. So we arrive on the island about 4.30am. It was the only boat we could get on.

With regards to the other post from the spectator. I am sure you will be able to get route details from the villa marina on the Friday night where the signing on takes place. I am pretty sure it will be all on the program as well.

Glad to see you're all getting excited about this years two day. I'm on the committee but still lucky enough to get a ride. I think my number is 152 or something close.

We have a new clerk of the course this year and he has varied the route slightly which should be good from what I've seen.

Boats are a problem but if you haven't got it booked yet then I wouldn't waste any time because you either won't get on (it's also Manx Grand Prix time) or you will be left with only the most expensive fares! And you can't blame anyone for that except yourself. :o

Full route and vantage point information will be available at the signing on on Friday night at the Villa Marina. You won't miss it on Douglas Prom, just by the traffic lights (the only set on the prom). Programmes for sale, or why not volunteer to observe a section and get one for free!

Any other questions let me know.

Oh yes, we still give out free beer tickets to be reclaimed at the end of the trial :blink:

I'm riding. Did it for the first time last year and was prob the best trial i've done. One of the first riders off on Saturday on the national line (if not the first :blink: ) but like Doogle, good number for sunday after saturday night. :o

Is there a full entry list Cubby?

Yep, entries are full again, 275 solos. And 38 sidecars as well!

The steam packet have been having problems with one of their boats over the last couple of weeks, some sort of engine problems so that could explain the changes in sailings.

I can feel it

I spoke to the Steam Packet today regarding time changes my sailing for the MGP, seems that the Seacat 2 has engine problems and is running down on power, hence a retiming of many sailings.

Not a lot you can do.

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

To all of you coming to the Manx this weekend - Good Luck! I hope you have a great time when you're here.

If you fancy a pint and a chat at signing on come and find me, I'll be the ginger headed one hanging around the signing on area. If in doubt ask the secretary (she's my mother!)

To those of you not coming, why not? you don't know what you're missing!! :beer::D