06 270 Rev 3

thumper24

Hello to all,I'm looking for some info on setup of my bike. What gearing do I want to use,what suspension adjustments will i need to make? I have the carb worked out great but im having trouble getting the bike to handle. I have the bike setup to my size and it sill is not feeling right. "I'm dabbing where I should not dab. Also 1st seems to slow and 2nd seems to fast. Do most of you change to stock gearing? If anyone can help me out that would be great.

Thumper, I have found the gearing on the rev3 about right, first is low but make it sing abit more and it will go up most stuff you think you may need 2nd for. Second can be a bit quick and I only use it to go bigger stuff and not for tight flat turns etc. The 270 will pull 4th and fifth on climbs and I have never known any bike to grunt up hills like it. I have dropped the forks through the yolks to raise the front and stiffened the back abit as I found the standard setting to soft. As Heath said a fast action throttle is great on the 270, it can get you out of trouble quickly in a section and get you up and over things from very short run ups. Lots of people say dont fit one but I could nt ride without it on and I m no expert. If you ride streams and rocks may be worth keeping the flywheel weight on as the beta is a bit savage on the rocks without it . Get a float bowl extension and i have the fuel screw 1 and a half turns out from fully in, this is adjusted though depending on the weather. I have nt done much to the front end but have pushed the bars forward which seems to make the front grip alot better and not wave about whilst climbing.

Edited by Betarev3

Thank you guys for the info. Heath I had a 280 GG before. I seem to be having trouble on off camber turns when you want to go up a hill and going over rocks in stream beds. The front of the bike just seems unsteady.I've had many trail bikes and have not had the trouble of getting used to a bike but I guess there is a first time for everything. Maybe I just suck and am thinking it's the bike when it's the guy on it.

• 3 weeks later...

something to try, i to just switched fromm gg to beta and one thng i have to change is the handle bar postition. try playing around with the bars. the geometry is a little different between the 2 bikes and after an hour of riding and messing around with bar postition i finally felt more comfortable. if the bars are to far forward it could make the bike feel nervous and quick. to far back it cold feel slower to turn also your bar witdht could do similar things to the feel.

there are lots of options and it might not be the suspension just a combination of all factors that need just that little bit of adjusting. small changes make big differences.

hope this helps

rob

When Beta's are delivered they have the fork tubes about 1.5 centimetres above the top of the yolks.

Really? :)

Adjust them so that the top marker line on the fork tubes are just level with the top yoke and check the suspension settings are half way through the range of settings. This should be a good start to work from...

... what i said then... the line is about 1 to 1.5 cm below the top of the tube and cap. Is on mine and all the others i have seen anyway!!

Ah, "and cap"? I thought you meant 1.5cm of the fork tube was above the yoke...