2 Stroke Mix, To Change From Pj1 ?

magicmat

Hey,

I was wondering about changing my 2stroke oil.

At the moment i use 80:1 in my 05 pro, but the pj1 is rather smokey. and i wondered if there was a better quality out there?

i know some people use Castrol supper TT ?? but i looked at the spec, and it said it was only good for 50:1 max and it was mineral, with my understanding that mineral mix wasnt as good as a synthetic mixer??

Any thoughts?

Is the castrol anygood ? does it smoke less?...then again it aint broke so why try and fix it !! ???

Thoughts? :thumbup:

i'd say stick with the pj1 i think iv got a smokeless one or something but the castrol is poor in comparison to the pj1 although steer waaaaaaaaaay clear of pj1 chainlube it is complete and utter crap!

im sorry if this is rather off topic majicmat but i've just had a thought PJ1 Silverfire Competition Smokeless Premix Oil, Synthetic Blend but this is the pj1 oil im running are you running the same? also is this oil ok to be in the gasgas as it is a 'synthetic blend not fully synthetic'?

Hey Ned

Yeah im using the silverfire one. Doing it at 80:1 ..just looked at the back and its only rated to 50:1.

I bought it from a dealer, but i dont know if it is alright for GG,

..hmm

Thanks for the other advice guys

Matt

• 13 years later...