Sticky Question

nickstar

So I have very recently purchased a used 2014 Beta Evo.  The stickers on the seat area are starting to peel up in the corners.  For the most part, the decals are in decent shape.  Does anyone know of a trick to reverse this process, and perhaps re-adhere the stickers to the body work?  I live in Michigan and the my garage is not heated. 

Your help is appreciated!

Not sure if this applies to your problem, but, I recently purchased a rear fender and the decals were peeling off too. It turns out they had not been placed correctly and some corners were under stress. To fix it I cleaned up the fender real good, peeled off the decals enough to release the pressure and reapplied them. I used a hair dryer to warm them up before reapplying (made a huge difference)... This worked for me and they are still holding...

Similar to trialswarrior advise...peel back the lifted decal a little further, wipe underside of decal and fender clean with alcohol, heat decal with hair dryer enough to make existing adhesive tacky, spray some 3M spray adhesive to your fingertip (wear latex or nitrile gloves), dab a thin layer of adhesive to both decal and fender, wait 10 seconds or so, press down and hold 10 more seconds.  After heating the decal, don't wait to apply the adhesive....you want the decal to be pretty warm, but not hot or it wont adhere.  If it's cold outside, apply warm heat to fender as well.  Clean any excess adhesive off with goof-off.  May take a few tries to perfect it, but ends up holding better than factory application. 

• 2 weeks later...

Beta jealousy will get you no where Biff. You'll notice that Jim gets the gold star with a nod to trials warrior.

Now to pull this project off without gluing myself, or a box of gloves, to my bike.

im bringing a box of gloves and can of spray glue to our next two day. every beta will proudly get the utters that they deserve.

--biff