Rev-3 250 Or 270

olwhittyone

Doogle, I am seriously going to try a 200 this year at a test day, never ridden one but have a nasty feeling I may have been riding something way over my head for years.

Looking forward to it

You can have a go on mine, if our paths cross at a trial or practicing etc

I have been to BVM before years back. It would need to be soon because i'm getting pretty eager!! Sandifords are doing a good thing with their test day - i was considering going down to that - but if i get struck on a 4RT my bank manager will kill me! :lol:

I`ve been told it`ll be end of this month start of next? not completely sure but i`m hoping for start of next :thumbup:

Cheers mate, what area are you from?,

Bedfordshire, South Midland Centre. Mostly ride out of centre though. Doing the Hillsborough classic round a week on Sunday. Which will hopefully be the Beta's first outing. Then the Merle Morewood the week after. Both brilliant trials, if you haven't ridden them before definetly worth a ride.

for an avaerage joe and i'm over stretching if i pretend to be as good as average ( win the 'clubman class on a very good day normally place 5th is can go down to 15th then the 250 is still abit much tried the 200 and it was probably more to my skill level

much better to ride somat thats as good as you or you'll always be stretched to hang on control the thing

small is the new big..

Olwhittyone I presume you mean the Man 17 event at Haslin, I could not make it as I was working but my friend was there on the 200 Beta amongst the GG majority and going rather well I believe.

The thing is with a Beta there is very little thats visible to say what size the engine is.

Olwhittyone I presume you mean the Man 17 event at Haslin, I could not make it as I was working but my friend was there on the 200 Beta amongst the GG majority and going rather well I believe.

The thing is with a Beta there is very little thats visible to say what size the engine is.

Hi, yes it was the one at Haslin.

There were a few Beta's knocking about - i couldn't get over how many GG-Pro's there were!

I emailed a trials dealer today to get prices for the new Beta's and he warned me to stay away from the 270 - "hard to ride and even more difficult to sell". So i think thats sealed it for me - 250 it is then.

i ride the 270 in a higher gear for some things than i would the 250

and i find it to grip better in slippy conditions riding it like this if you understand what im saying.

remember a few yrs ago saunders rid the british championship on a 160 gas gas so i think rider ability puts a lot of it into perspective.

Good choice hope you have lots of pleasure riding it.

Trying the various models is ok but you have to ride several events to really get used to a bike in different types of section etc.

I have often wondered when looking at the bikes for sale in tmx if Beta sell more 270s or if people just move them on more frequently but there are always more big ones for sale than the other capacitys put together.