Fujifilm Finepix S5600

felix

Now then folks,

I'm looking to upgrade my Finepix A330 to an S5600, looking for something a little more professional to snap those scott bikes with. I found this camera in a shop after much searching for

Edited by Felix

I have the predecessor to it, the S5100 (also known as the S5500). A cracking good camera! I absolutely love mine. 4 Megapixels and the pics come out sweet! Runs on common AA rechargeable battries and I'd have to take flash shots all day to run them down. I've never seen batteries last this long in a digital cam. :chairfall:

Plenty of settings to take the kind of pix you want or just leave it on auto and click away.

I can't say enough my Fuji Finepix. Best camera I've ever owned. :blink:

You can compare the specs on any digital camera at dpreview.com

Hey Felix, nice choice of camera not too long ago I was going too buy one and done a bit of research etc etc and that definatley came out tops. I have used r2w`s s5500 quite a bit and can say it is an easy too use top quality bit of kit and not too big either (unlike that bloody D1 of his!)

There was a post earlier that ended with a few reviews on the s5600 Here and on the link in my first post I seem too remember there being some hard bottom cases at least.

Could you let me know where you found it for

I just used Froogle to be honest, however if you look on Amazon.co.uk it's on there, it seems to be from Amazon directly, but then when you look closer it's actually a third party seller called pixmania_uk who have their own site, it's available from there, which is most likely where I'll get it, I'd feel safer buying thru Amazon.

Fujifilm Finepix S5600 on Amazon for

Yep definately worth buying,had mine for a year now and love it.Produces great pics even in low light conditions used either on semi auto or manual settings.Good video too.

Bought mine from UK Digital Cameras online fantastic service,ordered on a Wednesday 5pm arrived 8am Friday.Check their website for price.

Hope this helps.....

I've read a few worrying reviews on this camera concerning poor colour quality and very noisy images at ISO 800 and 1600, can anyone confirm/dispell these claims?

Also what size XD cards do you guys use with this camera, at the moment I've only got a 128mb and 2 16mb cards (including the one that comes with the new camera). But that won't hold many pictures at 5 megapixels will it, and If I'm using the burst mode won't I need hoards of memory to show the number of pictures that are shot?

I've read a few worrying reviews on this camera concerning poor colour quality and very noisy images at ISO 800 and 1600, can anyone confirm/dispell these claims?

Also what size XD cards do you guys use with this camera, at the moment I've only got a 128mb and 2 16mb cards (including the one that comes with the new camera). But that won't hold many pictures at 5 megapixels will it, and If I'm using the burst mode won't I need hoards of memory to show the number of pictures that are shot?

You'll get noisy images with pretty much any digital camera at low-end ISO levels. I never shoot below ISO 400. I'll up it when the light is good, but never lower it.

I use a couple of 1GB cards in both the 1D and the 10D with a couple of 512MBs as backup. Each photo I take is between 3MB and 5MB. I don't use burst mode. As I keep telling Jake, that's for "hit and hope" photographers! :angry:

So it's lower ISO's that give noisy images, and higher ones can give blurred images because of noise reduction technology?

Lower ISO in dark conditions makes camera faster but reduces speed, Higher ISO in lighter conditions gives more detail? I'm kind of confused and embaressed!

My current A330 was ISO 100, no wonder it was so hard to get those dark morning river shots.

A good point about burst mode, I'll take it to heart, the digital camera company also looks like a good choice, I'm so excited about this new camera, I just hope that my shots improve! :angry:

Edited by Felix

I have this camera well worth the money good shots it most conditions just bought a 2 gb card 30 min of video on the best setting and over 800 photos on the highest detail well worth the upgrade to the 1/2 gb card. also with the optical zoom you can get decent photos 200m away.

I use a couple of 1GB cards in both the 1D and the 10D with a couple of 512MBs as backup. Each photo I take is between 3MB and 5MB. I don't use burst mode. As I keep telling Jake, that's for "hit and hope" photographers! :thumbup:

your right, but its great for capturing Motocross holeshots and crash sequences - there have been few of latter in various mx magazines this year and it works really well (double page A4 colour)