Rev3 Will Not Rev

macdaddy

OK ....its a "00 rev3 250

I was riding along and it felt kinda boggy ..wouldnt pull clean off the bottom end(this bike has always pulled down low VERY clean)

so I tried to clean it out (you know whack it open) thats when I noticed it wouldn't rev out

now this bike has not been used that much this year so I figured fresh gas and a new plug would do th trick...noop

so the carb must be mucked up ..took it to work and gave it a through cleaning....still no luck

broken reed ....nada

scored piston and or a stuck ring... negative

so what is this mystery disease??

timing?

coil?

HELPPPPPP

this all started out of the blue (IE .no I hadn't been messing with it) not to mention its always been stone reliable

thanks

troy

yes, my guess is the stator, or try cleaning the screen in your petcock, does it still start? or is it done? the beta stators usually act up when the bike is hot, then are o.k. when you let it sit. (thats a good sign of it going bad) but bogging out on the bottom sounds like fuel deficiency, its starving at low revs cause there's not enough vaccume to suck fuel through a clog (dirty petcock) but when the slide opens there is enough vaccume to supply the fuel. but it's just a fix to a similar problem i had with my beta. (plus it doesn't cost $300.00 to fix) hope this helps....................................................john

the air filter was "OK" ..but I did pull it off and there was no change ,maybe even a little worse (fuel starving??? i,ll look at the screen)

it will start and run just not in 1 or 2 kicks ... mid range it still runs reasonable thats whats so confusing

heat seems to make no difference