California Global Warming

dabnabit

OK so they are as upset about dust as they are about carbon dioxide???????

Ain't dust part of the earth and the earth is what we are trying to save right...........

Maybe somebody should look at the manufacturing industry and reduce emissions from that, heck the government even gives out waivers so that some companies can dump more into the environment.

I am all for reducing emissions in cars, trucks, recreational vehicles. but I am sick of all these Greenies trying to make me out to be the villain when we are only using what is available to us. Vehicle manufacturers need to reduce the emissions generated.

Or I am just an idiot..............well depends on who you ask.

:D What a Crock !!! Why won't the world see thru these " Fund my cause , so I can get rich w/ my charitable deductions " manipulators and look at the reality of their claims ! I have heard and read repetedly articles and studies dating back many years by some of the most renowned archioligsts in the world ... The planet we call home heats up and cools down in a never ending cycle !!!! just look at our fairly recent history... The USA wouldn't have the fertile farmland we do if glaciers hadn't formed at one time and scrubbed what is now canada clean, and then receded to where they are now and deposited all the top soil in our midwest ! Acording to most who deeply study these things the oceans have been 15 feet or so deeper several differant times in the last few million years ... More than once in our past a volcano has blackened the sky over 75% of the planet for years ! And she recovers ...

If they need a cause why don't they get going on something us mere mortals can effect ? Clean the plastic crap out of the ocean ! That is affecting the eco system of the world more than just about anything else .

OK , I'm off my soapbox for now !

Glenn

Here's what a buddy of mine did when the EPA came to investagate his business for producing to much dust , he basicly cleans grain , his business is located way out in the country on a gravel/dirt road, when they showed up he had prerranged to have about 10 employees to drive back and forth on the road as fast as they could, thus creating so much dust from the road, which is owned by the state, that they couldn't see any of the minute amount of dust created by cleaning the grain B);) they quickly decided there was no problem since the "state" was creating much more dust than he :D

I would like to know waat A hole paid these morons to come up with tripe like this to begin with. I can even live with "Save the planet, convert a quad rider"! And I can realize the impact of a bunch of screaming idiots on open course areas like the Red Bull Last man Standing event! Them guys can tear up some ground, but in a designated riding area, that is why it is designated! Go for it!

Trials bikes and riders are soo low impact, but unfortunately, still grouped with the rest!

I personally think that the big bore MX and enduro bikes are too much, include big quads, push the limits and get too many people hurt! And I can even see the reasonability of the 125 limits in the youth groups! Anyone ridden one of these big bore 500cc plus 4T monsters lately? Lets just say it is fun to scare yourself! But unless you are a pro, you probably do not need it!

M2C

I've seen it repeatedly in Forest Service work shops years ago with these groups and they have there own agenda.

They want it for themselves and they use 4WD vehicles to get to there functions. :D

Hypocrites

The Greens (and every other person with a personal agenda that is in conflict with ours) will continue to use every means at their disposal to micro manage our sport (and lives) If they speak louder and more efectively than you and I do, they will be the ones who are heard, and thereby will most likely get their way. Our conversations here are a good start, but please don't stop there. If it's a trail, or a local law that stops you from riding in your backyard or?????? We are alwyas fighting with locals about our trials events- kind of like running in secret. Do something about it, stand up, be heard, write letter, show up at a meeting. It does work.

I have attached some dialog and a link about a recent sitiuation we had here in MI. MI has lots of ORV trails throughout the state, some of which are for trucks, some are for quads and some are for motorcycles only (real single track) Many of those single track only trails (although marked that way) are being abused by Bille Bob and his brother Bille Bobbb on their quads, (you know these guys with a cooler of beer, tennis shoes, and bicycle helmet) The attached letter is the final decesion by the MI DNR on the matter of enforcement of "two wheeled" only trail use. We do have a voice and it worked! In addition we have recently had good luck getting legislation moving about allowing unlicensed ORVs on secondary roads in MI as well. Five conutines in MI have passed laws that allow it and now the state is considering a state wide approval that would pave the way for each county to do this more easily. We run our trials and off road races in one of those counties- how cool to ride your bike to and from the corner store or back to your motel room!

Join the AMA, local AMA District, Blue Ribbon Coalition and in our case the Cycle Conservation Club of MI and be heard!

begin quote(

SUCCESS!

Yesterday evening, the Director signed an Order which will protect Michigans Single Track trails!

Here is a copy of the actual Order: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/07lu...ON_232186_7.pdf

Thanks to YOU for your comments in support of this!

Your voice was heard AND counted!

Please continue to be involved, and help to keep the fantastic ORV recreation opportunities we enjoy in Michigan.

Ride safe, ride responsibly, and Tread Lightly!" ) End quote

:D What a Crock !!! Why won't the world see thru these " Fund my cause , so I can get rich w/ my charitable deductions " manipulators and look at the reality of their claims ! I have heard and read repetedly articles and studies dating back many years by some of the most renowned archioligsts in the world ... The planet we call home heats up and cools down in a never ending cycle !!!! just look at our fairly recent history... The USA wouldn't have the fertile farmland we do if glaciers hadn't formed at one time and scrubbed what is now canada clean, and then receded to where they are now and deposited all the top soil in our midwest ! Acording to most who deeply study these things the oceans have been 15 feet or so deeper several differant times in the last few million years ... More than once in our past a volcano has blackened the sky over 75% of the planet for years ! And she recovers ...

If they need a cause why don't they get going on something us mere mortals can effect ? Clean the plastic crap out of the ocean ! That is affecting the eco system of the world more than just about anything else .

OK , I'm off my soapbox for now !

Glenn

Hear Hear!

If you really want to annoy the greens then do what ive done and get your nasty, hi-polluting, gas guzzling, noisy 500 motocrosser road registered and ride it through town as often as you can. You can even save up and ride back again. B);):rotfl::moon:

those people don't have a life, they have to do something to justify their sorry existance, dirt bike riders are a better class of person and should not have to fight for their right to ride, that reminds me when I was 16 years old, I took an aptitude test, afterwards the test people interviewed me, I mentioned that I was into motorcycles and was fairly skilled at riding them, they said I should forget abought motorcycles and should take up the sport of golf, that this was the type of adult sport that woulg get me somewhere in life and motorcycles would never get me anywhere, it's that kind of mentality that permiates the educated world, there is not too much that is going to change that, BTW after 30 years I have never played golf and still ride trials

yeah hit the ball with a stick and walk after it,the greenies play croquet and butt darts with each other while watching birds naked,one of our trials spots up here in norcal got closed down because of scratches in the rocks and a rut!!!!! its out of control,at least its legal for them to get married now

yeah hit the ball with a stick and walk after it,the greenies play croquet and butt darts with each other while watching birds naked,one of our trials spots up here in norcal got closed down because of scratches in the rocks and a rut!!!!! its out of control,at least its legal for them to get married now

He He! Butt Darts! B)

I think you could really damage some rocks with that! :D

You're in Grass Valley? Jeez, I hope you don't mean they finally closed down Mammoth Bar (old geezers like me knew it as Murderer's Gulch-up out of Auburn- in the old days). I knew for years the rafters wanted to kick out the bikers so they could have lunch on the sand bar there, I guess they just found another excuse. Part of the reason I moved out here to Oklahoma, we're opening up places to ride every year, rather than closing them like in NorCal.

I still keep up on the CARB (California Air Resources Review Board) regulations, if you want to see something interesting, look at the several pages devoted to the specifications for a gas can......

Jon