Old Gas Gas?

fastandyc

95 bike was an awesome bike and the last bike that Tarres won the WTC on.

Even better if it is (as it looks) a Fortuna model, much softer power delivery, deeper exhaust note etc etc.

Dunno about value for money, if you ride it and it's good, clean, powerful etc etc then go for it, but haggle - you dont get if you dont ask....

got it home!

dont know if its a foruna model or just a sticker kit at some point?

got a little trip computer type thing in the tank cover?

I think that the Fortuna stickers were on all the models. he only real difference I ever saw

was a different muffler (non-repackable) available.

The gizmo in the tank (I had a 96' 370 with the Fortuna stickers and gizmo) was a speedo,

clock etc. and it might still work if you put a battery in it (for road use in Europe, like the

current models). The speedo pickup was the magnet on the back rim. Not good for mileage

in the dirt if you had any wheelspin, but neat for keeping track of time during an event.

The bike looks pretty clean.

Jon

• 4 months later...

I just purchased, what I'm told is a 98. "JTX270 Contact" has computer, also has trapezoid shape welded closed silencer. It needs some attention, but for $950 US its a deal. I've never ridden a trials bike (lots of cross country 08 KTM 300XC) and I'm having a blast! I rebuilt clutch master cyl and now clutch is good. Added kill switch, re-wired fan and T-stat, have wheel bearings to replace. Silencer obviously needs repacking but how? If its not possible how can I find a replacement that is?