Scott Trial 2009 - Paul Bolton Enduro Rider

dave_askham

I wonder how many of the 'doubters' from the off road community who have sniggered and finger pointed and given him 'no chance at all' of finishing the worlds toughest trial had the decency to pop over to him on the finish line and give him a few quid towards his worthy cause???

I must admit, having had a go at the trial, both last year and this I had half an idea just how hard it really is (having got about half way round), and I thought he would 'do well' to get around the course at all, never mind in time, interestingly I noticed most of the sniggers and negativity came from people who appeared to be short of a bike, official entry number and a start time !!!! At least I was having a go so I at least felt I had earned the right to have an opinion.

I would like to congratulate Paul on his magnificent achievement, he really did have an incredible ride, finishing the best part of half an hour WITHIN TIME !!!!!

I was somewhat disappointed to hear he has raised in the region of

Hey Billy,

Bad luck, sorry to hear of your troubles yesterday, it's one of those trials where you need more than your fair share of luck to be in with a chance of finishing, With regard to clips of Paul riding yesterday, I have just unearthed a video of him going through surrender for what looks like a 3 !!!!

I fived the damn thing on a trials bike, mainly due to chocolate arms, but at least I got to it this year !!!

Take a look

What a rider, what a guy, and what a brave ride..

My mate has just been telling me that he was speaking to PB at the cricket club on saturday night, and was astounded to hear that he's not a 'Full Time' rider, he holds down a normal job too !!!!! I ask you??!!???!?!

I think if he went in a phone box and spun round twice, he'd exit with a bright red cape and his underpants on the outside of his trousers...

I see that his charity page has now hit over

Photos from yesterday are uploading now. There's rather a lot of them, but in the meantime...

Orgate (Not sure who the geezer is on the right who crept into shot) :thumbup:

post-20-1256502169.jpg

Surrender

post-20-1256502186.jpg

Donations were sitting at around

With regard to clips of Paul riding yesterday, I have just unearthed a video of him going through surrender for what looks like a 3 !!!!

I fived the damn thing on a trials bike, mainly due to chocolate arms, but at least I got to it this year !!!

Take a look

What a rider, what a guy, and what a brave ride..

This is the vid I shot of him. I uploaded it before. Sorry about the quality as it was on me phone. He was to quick coming to the others we stood at so could'nt film him :thumbup:

Welldone Paul! ^_^

Edited by Jools

Hi Jools,

Thanks for the great clip, nothing wrong with the quality from my angle, the fact that your camera / phone was not fast enough to catch him in the other sections just about says it all!!!

I notice that the PB's charity page has now hit over

I can't say enough for what the man has achieved! He deserves a medal let alone a few off or hard earned pounds. To give you some perspective to how tough it was(as if it were needed) have a look at this quote from another top enduro rider who competes at world level!!

Most people just run a marathon or something easy like that. Scott Trial on an Enduro bike? - You're a Masochist. Euan McConnell
Edited by lurchio

Well, I was asked by a lot of people as to whether Paul Bolton would complete the Scott course on Saturday, I had a stock answer, it was this:

"Well if anybody can - Paul Bolton can"

I stuck to that prediction, and I wasn't far wrong.

I was well pleased to check off his number (190) in my little "Checker book" on Saturday afternoon, I just happened to be observing at "Clapgate", the final observed section of the day!

Congratulations Paul on a stonking ride!

Big John

Edited by Big John