Help Newby

shipo

please help. feeling a bit :o . i want to get into trials. finding it hard to get information on licenses etc. also being on a very very limited budjet can any one reccomend a good place to find a starter bike. also any reccomendations as to type/ i;e make cc. sorry so many questions but really want to get riding. please help turn this :wall: to this ;):o:D:o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Welcome to the forum shipo,

Licences This has recently be addressed on another thread ( riders helping riders ) You may have already read this thread. As regards a bike depends on how much money you want to spend.

As regards a bike depends on how much money you want to spend.

And also bike depends on how old/big lad you are. It is better idea to ride bit "underpowered" bike than full on 250cc + bikes. A modern (2000+ year) bike in good cond. will cost you about

sorry that was meamt to say i am six ft and WEIGH about thirteen stone  :o  ;)  :o  :wall:

Ok, you are quite big lad. :D But next time when you notice that something is missing incorrect in your post please use the edit button to modify it.

As for bike I say that Scorpa, Beta and Montesa make very good bikes. These will be long lasting and durable. You are bit heavy(ish) and I would suggest you look for 200-250cc engine. It is almost same what ever bike you get but think about if there is a dealer near you.

Also don

Hi Shipo,

500-600 quid would not get you a very upto gether modern bike but will get you a very good twinshock. I paid 400 quid for a yam TY250 t/s this had 12months MOT. I spent about 150 quid doing the odd thing or two to it but not straight away I rode 3 or 4 trials to make sure i liked the sport. seen it advertised in a local rag.

I would agree with 'Boofont' here in suggesting a TY250 monoshock Yamaha.

As a beginer you will want a bike which is durable/robust enough to survive falling over several times along with its rider.

The other advantage of this route is Yamaha spares are easy to find and relatively cheap. Drum brakes & cable clutches are not the best but levers are cheap to buy! personally I prefer 4 stroke Hondas but prices of Honda trials bikes have gone through the roof and they are not as easy to ride.

The Jap bikes seem to suffer a lot more abuse without complaint than the myriads of Spanish & Italian bikes out there. You are more likely to find a good 10 - 15 year old Yam or Honda tahn anything else.

Whatever you buy go out with the intention of enjoying yourself - some days you wont but most you will.

thank yall very much for all the advice. it has been very usefull and has left me in a good position to get going. im hopefully going to be getting a bike in the next month or so and will be practising feverishly on it ( not alone though) hopefullly will see some of you over coming year or so at trials. ill be the one wobbling about, falling off and generally weeing himself laughing. heres to my future domination of the trialing world. :wacko:

Edited by shipo