Honda Tlm 250 - Help!

graeme67

Hi

I have a Honda TLM 250, which seems to be very rare.

Can anyone tell me anything about them, they were made between 1987 and 1991, and look alot like montesa's

I need an air filter, and a Manual, or any information I can find.

A blog from 2006, said a TY250 air filter fitted, anyone know if this is true.

Cheers

Graeme

Hi

I have a Honda TLM 250, which seems to be very rare.

Can anyone tell me anything about them, they were made between 1987 and 1991, and look alot like montesa's

I need an air filter, and a Manual, or any information I can find.

A blog from 2006, said a TY250 air filter fitted, anyone know if this is true.

Cheers

Graeme

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but did you find an air filter to fit? I need one as well for my 1988 TLM 250. I put new bottom end bearings in it last year but I am always looking for parts for it. I would appreciate any tips or leads on parts if anybody has any.

Brad

Some of that model have been imported to here second hand since then. There has been a healthy trade in second-hand trials bike imports from Japan for at least 25 years by my reckoning. Most commonly seen are TLM220 and TLR200 but all 1980s and 1990s Japanese market trials bikes are represented in that trade including the Yamaha TY250Z.

Recent developments in the worldwide economy have seen imports of second hand bikes from the USA increase greatly, but in that case it is mainly MX bikes.

I am in Alberta, Canada and yes your right it was imported from Japan...thanks for the video link, those bikes had a slightly different silencer than mine. I wish I had plastic like that.

Edited by gilby