rev piston orintation?

mattknox2008

I have pulled my bike apart to do small end and rings, but in the process forgot to take note of the orintation of the cut out in the piston skirt does this face the intake port or exust port?

Note there is no arrow on my piston as the beta manual sugests there should be.

07 rev3 270

cheers

I have pulled my bike apart to do small end and rings, but in the process forgot to take note of the orintation of the cut out in the piston skirt does this face the intake port or exust port?

Note there is no arrow on my piston as the beta manual sugests there should be.

07 rev3 270

cheers

two stroke so the cut out operates the transfer of INLET

hi if you are trying to cure a so called little end rattle then you need to be looking at the piston to cylinder clearence as it wont be the little end bearing causing the rattle ,as above the cut out goes to the intake side ,and always replace gungeon clips with new and turn ends away from the access cut outs

• Like 1

Just bite the bullet n buy a piston, its well worth is as it seems to wear more than the rings in my opinion. The skirt on the piston goes hence the rattle if thats what you maybe getting, plus a two stroke should need changing after what 50 to 100 hrs. I have never just done rings always done job lot.

Best of luck

Mine rattles a fair bit (07 200), I put this down to top end/piston rattle as well. I am happy to lift the barrel etc myself but was wondering where to get the piston kit from and is there a prefered one?

How much am I lookingat cost wise for new base gasket, piston, rings, bearing, pin and clips?