35Mm Yokes For Scotland.

andy m

Does anyone know the do's and don'ts re 35 mm yokes for use in the Scottish pre 65 trial. Trying to get my Bantam eligible, not too sure about the yokes. Whether I ride the trial remains to be seen but at least if the bike is eligible it's easier to sell if the time comes, But I will try to enter in the mean time when it's right.....

Nothing like Montesa Ossa etc is accpetable

If you're after alloy then the only yokes on the acceptable list are the billet copies from Alan Whitton and others. REH and MP are generally considered pre70 not pre65, so although they're ok most other places, you'd be taking a chance trying to get them accepted in Scotland.

You may want to email them for confirmation as the rules seem to change anually now.

Edited by woody
  • Like 1

Hi Andy those yokes look to be ok ,Alan Whitten said to me sometime ago, that when he approached the commitee

about billet yokes the reply to him was; that they should bolt up from the back with a single pinch bolt are ok .Thats why they all look the same, if you have any queries try to speak to Alan or email the secretary or the machine examiner.

ps,Andy if you cant dazzle em with brilliance,then baffle em with lots of bull sh**t .it works for me

• Like 1

Hi Guys.

I can't believe what you guys are on nowadays ? Every other word is Scotland!

This is why the cost of so called Pre65 is rising daily. There has to be a end to this madness shortly or it will be to late!!!

Fork yokes are fork yokes at the end of the day, and does anyone care nowadays? Sam started the trend ,and if he had put pinch bolts on the outside, would they have been excepted in Scotland????????

Regards Charlie.

• Like 2

Hi Guys.

I can't believe what you guys are on nowadays ? Every other word is Scotland!

This is why the cost of so called Pre65 is rising daily. There has to be a end to this madness shortly or it will be to late!!!

Fork yokes are fork yokes at the end of the day, and does anyone care nowadays? Sam started the trend ,and if he had put pinch bolts on the outside, would they have been excepted in Scotland????????

Regards Charlie.

Calm down Charlie, seeing as the bike is close I may as well get it right...... You never know. ;)

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Hi Andy,

not having a go at you, and has you say every thing else on the bike is probably SPre65 compliant at the moment and this would help to sell the bike ,if you wanted to?

But this only enfasizes the trend, that all Brit bikes must be SPre65 spec, or they are not worth building.

And I know you think along other lines to!

Like this Ipad telling me what words to use ? Badly and keeps getting it wrong!

I feel that commitee in Scotland are doing the same.

Regards Charlie.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...