Amal Carb Or Mikuni ? And Jet Size As Standard 325Cc Of Amal

davdeborg

mrb505

Did you get your new Amal from Amal here in the UK or from an internet seller. The reason I ask is because there have been some fake one's reportedly coming out of India.

The one I got is very well made and has the slide hard chromed. the body also seams to be cast in a slightly harder grade of aluminium alloy than the old carb's I have. Also came with a two year guarantee

Very hard to find an old Amal carb that isn't suffering worn slide and body

David

Needle is part No 622/063 Needle 2 stoke (1 "V" Grooves). At £4.32 including the dreaded VAT.

Have a look at Amal's web site mate load's of good info and setup tips.

Edited by p@ul250

The needle is a U size

Yes genuine Amal from Burlen UK I have had this carby on and off more times than I can remember tried different jetting, blowing it out numerous times, ultrasonic cleaned it always runs like **** they have no tickler hole, the new slides have the 4 stroke choke cut out and different inferior circlip arrangement top of the carb came with choke cable hole and I think it might have a casting fault in the pilot circuit, the old carby is worn in the bore but still runs okay so I'll will get it sleeved I'm currently running a old 248 mikuni flange mount off some old jap bike on the M49 and it runs pretty good but I like to have it original

The needle is a U size

Yes genuine Amal from Burlen UK I have had this carby on and off more times than I can remember tried different jetting, blowing it out numerous times, ultrasonic cleaned it always runs like **** they have no tickler hole, the new slides have the 4 stroke choke cut out and different inferior circlip arrangement top of the carb came with choke cable hole and I think it might have a casting fault in the pilot circuit, the old carby is worn in the bore but still runs okay so I'll will get it sleeved I'm currently running a old 248 mikuni flange mount off some old jap bike on the M49 and it runs pretty good but I like to have it original

Sad to hear that you have had such a bad experience with your Amal carb,mate! All I can go on is my own experience and the carb I received was spot on and the Montesa runs like a dream. My carb was ordered from the Amal carburetter company SP1 3SB England, for the model of bike I have and came bored to 27mm as it's a 627/406 with tick over screw and pilot on the right, a tickler and no choke slide. Yes the top is bored and tapped for a choke cable. But a brass plug came with the carb.

Amal offer a two year guarantee on there carb's and even if your one is older than that. But as you say faulty, Return It, Call them, Email them. until the problem is resolved. P.S I have no connection to this company apart from being a satisfied customer!

I have found that company's will bend over backwards to help in these day's of instant revue's and internet chat.

cheers guys ordered all parts from amal now .

just one thing my bike not here so cant measure anyone know the out side diameter of carb or inside diameter of hose that connects from carb to airbox

its 1975 151 model 627 amal carb

cheers

You could try your local auto parts stores for some radiator hose the correct size and bend and cut it to suit. Just take in the measurements, Inner diameter of each end. I think it is the same size each end but I am not sure. Graham.

priced up buying some heater hose in all fairness I would of had to pay £10 + of certain sites so sod it bought right one from inmotion

spent heart wrenching £22.50 incl postage don't tell the wife !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

The Bultaco hose is shaped to go around the frame and it's still a tight fit. A straight piece of heater hose, given it's thickness and inflexibility could be a real pain to fit.

The proper hose is worth the money over the possible aggro.

• Like 1