Us Nationals. Would You? Feedback Needed

martin belair

Looking at the schedule below you can see clearly that there is a possibility to try something new.

Please answer this question: IF there was an East and West Championship offered would it be something you might do rather than stay home and do none?

In 2014 the West would be CO & KS and East would be PA & TN.

In 2015 East would be OH & NE and West would be CA & AZ.

4 of 4 rounds would count for either East or West championships.

The overall NATC Championships would remain in place and unchanged meaning 5 of 8 would count for the overall series Championships.

2014 Mototrial National Schedule Date Location Host Club May 24, 25, 2014 Texas Creek, CO RMTA May 31, June 1, 2014 Sedan, KS AVTA June 21, 22, 2014 Tremont, PA Rausch Creek June 28, 29, 2014 Sequatchie, TN STRA 2015 Mototrial National Schedule Date Location Host Club May16, 17, 2015 Toronto, OH Trials Inc. May 23, 24, 2015 Nebraska MWTA August 29, 30, 2015 Bear Valley, CA PITS September 5, 6, 2015 Kingman, AZ CAT user_offline.gifquote.gif

Edited by martin belair

Not a bad idea, but might be a problem in 15, NE is a west coast national if anything. Would have to get some other clubs to join in from the east.

LOL, funny how we all see it different depending where we live. I would say NE is pretty central. It's about 1,500 miles for me in Ca... Your probably within a few 100 miles of that?

On the subject at hand. Not too sure I count since we go to them all anyways, but it couldn't hurt. Just another set of points to keep and if it brings out a few more riders then that's great.

I might suggest putting more of the classes together though. Have classes something like Pro, Expert (Expert and 125 Expert scored together), Expert-Sportsman (Es , High school scored & Woman's ES as one class), Sportsman (Sportsman & JR.), SR. (all the SR. Classes scored as one) etc..

I know a few SR. riders who know they are going to win their class every time so they're main goal is to be the top Support rider or compare they're scores to the other top Sr.'s. This would give them a chance to really compete for something.

all you would be doing in most cases is doubling the trophies they have to give out, Ok no you wouln't.

But, then what happens when east coast guys have money and funds to travel all over? we don't want them to stay home either.

I at first thought like the idea, since most probably do NOT travel the extremes, like NY or Cali? from anywhere on the opposite coast, I mean except maybe the pros?

Maybe one more event to have east vs west at a final, like in some place more central, like KS or NE, or even probably best be at the TTC in TN, but take the TN round out of the east coast mix? (if we did the east vs west thing I am thinking) as the "final?" or superbowl?

Edited by sting32

trials in the US is such a low turnout thing anyway. the problem for people like me is travel time and money to travel. i looked at the scheduale and thought hey maybe i could ride TTC. kansas is a maybe but not NE, CO or PA. for the pro class sure a national series should consist of multiple events across the nation but for us mere sportsmen there needs to be something like in mx with loretta lynn's and crown a amateur champ over a long weekend. just run all classes at pro events as a support class.

my 2 cents

also it's been a bunch of years since i rode a national, i would love to again but again i don't have much to gain from riding one event as i get to compete with guys who do ride nationals in STRA events so for me it's like a mini national.

rob

LOL, funny how we all see it different depending where we live. I would say NE is pretty central. It's about 1,500 miles for me in Ca... Your probably within a few 100 miles of that?

While I think your probably close miles wise, they dont call it the Mid East now do they..I rest my case. . :D

I think the idea could bring in the riders who dont have the time/$$ to travel to all the events and may produce class winners who are the best riders vs the best drivers. (people who attend all the events) - but the reverse may also be true. That is, you could lose they guys that attend all the events so they can beat the better locals at year end. There's really only one way to find out for sure. Sorry if this is no help.

Replying to the starting post: Yes. When looking at the 14/15 schedule, I counted myself out because if I can't ride the minimum events (5 of 8) to count towards years end championship, then I'd rather save the money and ride local events. The East/West championship concept makes sense to me if keeping the Overall National Championship intact. I believe the East/West series would draw in more "local" riders to those events; resulting in a greater year end rider turnout for NATC..which is the goal. In my opinion, those who are known to "hit" all the Nationals will likely continue to "hit" all the Nationals because they still want the National ranking. I do agree with sirhc's post, which is to combine some/most of the classes; this would save costs on awards and streamline other processes associated with managing all the classes. .