The Gaunt Ducati

laird387

Hi,

Another thought provoking, hopefully, image from my offroadarchive.

The second special built by Peter Gaunt based on a Ducati fourstroke, that I bought from him and thoroughly enjoyed. It was definitely different.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-99830900-1389200057_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

HI suzuki 250,

I'm sure there was a Tina-powered special - but I never discussed it with Roy myself and I am extremely lothe to take anything written in the rest of the press as being gospel - so if anyone out there knows for sure - there's a potential hole in the history needs filling !!

Cheers

I’m not sure how I remember whether I read it or it was something that I heard, Roy was an acquaintance of my dad so I may have heard it that way.

Unfortunately the passage of time has blurred my memory!

But it would be interesting to know

Following this thread reminded me of another strange motor being used in the 60's by a gent named Dennis Austin who was involved with the Arley club near to Coventry.

Dennis was a sidecar trials man and used an Austin 7 engine from the 30's/40's in his outfit, I've never heard of that before or since.

Does anyone remember Dennis or his strange choice of motors ??

Hi Guys.

To late tonight for an In depth on the Tigress engined works BSA , but will fill you in with the details tomorrow OK. The bike at the Classic Trials Show belonged to a cotswold friend of mine, with a great history to. Tomorrow OK.

Regards Charlie.

cheers :thumbup:

Hi,

The Austin Seven engine based sidecar outfit I do remember. The engine had been converted either by, or with the help of, George Brown of old Stevenage, famous as the creator of 'Nero' the Vincent Black Shadow record breaker.

The Austin Seven cylinder head had been very carefully milled to create thin cooling fins - which I remember very clearly. Sadly the other details are sketchy.

Cheers,

• 1 month later...