Older Bultacos

laird387

Hi,

In my offroadarchive there are many images of machines that were appearing on the scene from 1965 onwards, so I thought I would include some for the twinshock enthusiasts amongst us.

Just such a machine seen in the 1965 West of England trial was Roger Wooldridge's brand new Bultaco Sherpa. Roger was a regular member of teams representing the South-Western centre in regional competitions - and he also scrambled a Greeves.

If you would like a copy of this photograph, just drop me a PM.

Enjoy

post-19290-0-70886800-1389522214_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hi,

Please excuse me being a dynosaur - but I never owned a Bultaco so I wouldn't know - but was this modification of a spare condenser and HT coil ready wired in a standard Bultaco fit, or just one used by Sam the Man. The image is of his 1967 bike - EAA 50D.

Cheers.

post-19290-0-54338500-1389527170_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

proper riding gear.. barbour suit, towel round neck and bailing twine tied round the waist. my dad always used sisal from a big ball of the stuff he kept in the shed.

You are right ,but i called it binder twine too.(age thing) White clean towel ,every time, that arrived home brown? well you wiped your face with it at the end of the trial, didn't you.

Mother then put it into the boil wash on a monday morning and it was ready and ironed for the following week end.

Belstaff to because of the cost difference.

Regards Charlie, ps dont forget the Fireman's boots???

Hi,

Another well known image from my offroadarchive, showing Sammy Miller in the 1966 national John Douglas trial, staged in the Bristol area and, I always assumed, something to do with someone involved in Douglas motorcycles which were produced in Bristol?

The photograph, taken by Gordon Francis was used in various advertising campaigns.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-29679100-1389535129_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

Please excuse me being a dynosaur - but I never owned a Bultaco so I wouldn't know - but was this modification of a spare condenser and HT coil ready wired in a standard Bultaco fit, or just one used by Sam the Man. The image is of his 1967 bike - EAA 50D.

Cheers.

Not standard Bultaco no, you'd have to rig that up yourself.

Hi,

Cheers.

Looks like an ordinary mild steel, (with the cheap tubing) electrically welded frame strangely enough.

Edited by sparks2

Adding an extra condenser and coil was fairly standard practice for big events. I know that my Bultaco had such a modification for when I rode my first SSDT in 1972. I also remember carrying a spare throttle cable and clutch cable in my pocket, in fact I caused a near panic to my then girlfriend (now my wife) as I left the cattle market and was back within a quarter of an hour as I had forgotten to put the two cables in my pocket so then had to catch up the numbers that had started behind me and were by then in front a few miles up the road. Happy days!

Again (see Montesa postings) I'll dig out some Bulto pics from that era and post on here. Sorry if they have to be of me - again!!

Have just been sorting out a few pics, never posted a pic before so here goes. This is an ex-Roger Wooldridge Bultaco that I'm pictured on talking to my late Dad at the end of the Beggars Roost trial of 1968. ERRRR! Need to find out how to attach a picture!

Edited by hillary