Upperbody Protective Gear For Trials

tman427

Any advise on good gear to protect the shoulders, arms, chest and back?

I have been using a Motocross chest protector, which is very restrictive, hot and clunky to move around in. Would prefer some downhill mountain bike gear but don't want the full suit gear.

G-Form has some cool technology for their pads, which when hit, stiffen up to protect you, then go back to a more plyable state after...all on a mositer wicking shirt.

Anybody thry these for Trials?

Thanks

Tom

post-14581-0-75110300-1406842876_thumb.jpg

Just how much do you plan on pushing it to a crash? Yes they happen, and although many better riders ride with little to no extra protection, I have found myself off at times when just riding stuff.

My knees are not good so I wear braces and recco them for many, but as far as general protection, a Camelback , knee/shin and elbow/forearm guards is what I use.

It´s just foam. Not expensive, so I think you can give it a try.

It's light, can be used under shirt, block air flow a bit....but It is the best I now.

There others brands/models with same design too.

Fox10_TitanSportSubframe_400x451.jpg

Edited by cascao

I recently saw the Hebo protector vest that Bou uses. I was thinking yeah not bad and should be thinking of more protection? It was discounted because it is pretty damned hot here in our Aussie summer and the Hebo is black as well. Would be good in winter maybe or Europe temps?

I wear Fox modular armour with inbuilt kidney belt when on enduro bike but no way could wear for trials bike... to restrictive and very hot when no breeze from speed like on enduro.

My wife recently purchased a set of knee and shin protectors because every time time she goes over on trials bike (getting less and less) it seems to bruise her knee and shin area just above boots.

She actually had a day two weeks ago she did not fall once! Fell down again last Sunday though! I layed into steep hill as well... only made it 2/3rds up! Hehehehe

Mags

Edited by mags

I wear this when I'm practicing jumping around in the rocks: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/23113/i/fox-racing-titan-sport-jacket

When I'm competing I don't wear anything upper body, but I ride the easy classes. The Fox is really comfortable, and all the protection stays in place because it's a single unit (as opposed to separate elbow guards, etc). It feels more like wearing an armored shirt, and I wear it when riding enduro as well. Great kit.