Recommandation Depending Plug For Tr 34

pschrauber

My TR 34 eats the plug really fast.

The ignition is rebuild, Motoplat type with new electronic parts, the carburator is also rebuild, all jets and the slide are new, I'am using the standard jetting, being around 55m above sea level.. (There is no wear inside the carb body).

After the rebuild I mounted a new NGK BR 7 ES* and now - just after 4 h of riding the plug failed and the electrodes are pretty much eroded. I'am using a slightly hotter plug as the colder ones appears to get oily and sooted, the used plug is still sooty and slightly oily sadly still not the "right color".

* The R type, I couldn't get a plug without R so quick, (maybe thats the issue ???)

Second the bike consumes remarkable much gas around one to two Liter per h!

Otherwise it runs really great ...

Any recommandation for a different (better) plug and do any other TR owners have the same observations while riding the bike depend fuel consumption?

Edited by pschrauber

Thanks for the tips. The bike needs the choke, even when it's warm outside, also when the engine has cooled down for more then 10 minutes. Jet's, needle, slide, float valves were replaced and choosen after the owners manual. I'am too running 1:75 with high octane fuel without ethanol. I will again check the float if there is a puncture or if the float isn't spinning free on the axle, ( which I had to replace too as the former was slightly bent... ).

i run mine on the standard b8es with no problems the plug does get a bit oily though i dont think motoplats are to keen on resistor type plugs as for fuel two litres would run mine for about 3 hours at least and choke is only needed when the engine is stone cold i alos run standard jetting and 60/1 fuel mix

To the R type, I haven't had anything better in hand ... :blush:

The pipe is rebuild and the rear exhaust NOS so there should not be any resistance,

the compression is very good I have to stand on the pegs while leaning against a tree

or similar to get proper force for kick when the engine is cold, once the motor got warm

it's much easier to start, a slight kick and the engine fires up.

But I will check the timimg once again.