New X11 Competition Tyre

toetoe

The X11 is a great tyre, Slightly better than an x lite in the mud but you have to let them down a bit more

I run X lites because I don't see sharp rocks like you get up north and the unsprung weight saving is a plus. I run them at I guess around 8 psi, But saying that I spend most time on the back wheel in the mud to grip anyway.

The irc is no match for a michelin full stop, If they were much cheaper they would be a viable option but the price difference makes them a stupid investment when an extra tenner will get you a proper tyre. I would rather run a half bald mich than an IRC again.

Do you get sponsorship from Michelin ?

Do you get sponsorship from Michelin ?

No not sponsored by them, I've been Michelin trained technically but not for trials tyres.

I have brought 2 bikes that had new IRC tyres on them and changed to mich after 1 ride, 1st one I put down to a bad batch but 2nd one was just as useless. I wouldn't take off a brand new tyre and buy another 80 quid tyre for the sake of it.

I know people who think V-Rubbers are good but mind you they do have 24 hour drinking and fight over pennies!!

No not sponsored by them, I've been Michelin trained technically but not for trials tyres.

I have brought 2 bikes that had new IRC tyres on them and changed to mich after 1 ride, 1st one I put down to a bad batch but 2nd one was just as useless. I wouldn't take off a brand new tyre and buy another 80 quid tyre for the sake of it.

I know people who think V-Rubbers are good but mind you they do have 24 hour drinking and fight over pennies!!

Thanks, nice to see a balanced, un-biased report. The bizarre comment at the end gives an insight your thought process.

IRC's are the dogs danglies in the mud. Nothing comes near. However there is an issue on later bike wheels - 2010 on - where they flex & deflate.

I know of at least one ride fitting old wheels to a new bike so he can run IRC.

X11's are poor in mud. X-Lights are much better.

I've been using the Golden Tyre Gecko - and cant fault it in mud, good as an IRC & it's stayed on the rim on my 2011 GG.

• Like 1

Thanks, nice to see a balanced, un-biased report. The bizarre comment at the end gives an insight your thought process.

Ah yeah, Just read the post again, the last comment didn't read right, Not important so I won't go into it.

It seems like tyre choice is down to riders ability so different riders will perceive that one tyre is better than another.

I'll stick to Mich, to be honest in the mud my bike's a unicycle anyway!!

So with tyre choice, the best advice is look at what the good riders use, riders at that level know what works.

I haven't tried the Gecko tyre but look at them with an open mind, I wouldn't risk my money on one till I have tried one properly but as the saying goes don't knock it till you've tried it.

Xlite all the way for me too . Often thought when using air to get a trials tyre on what it would be like nipping your scrote when the tyre bangs on the rim. Bet that would really make your eye's water !

Edited by shyted