Markings On Cylinder 1998 Gas Gas Tx 320 Contact And Location Of Lower Radiator Bracket

thesaint

Any here that knows why the cylinder on my bike is casted R37 and have the number 56 stamped to it?

Is these numbers someting i need when ordering a new piston and piston rings?

See the picture below

I also wonder if i have placed the lower radiator bracket in the right location closest to the cylinder

See the picture furthest down

post-21460-0-30359600-1441283625_thumb.jpg

post-21460-0-22138000-1441286707_thumb.jpg

Edited by thesaint

I dont know.

I think R37 is the type or something, have seen it before.

Will look if its on others aswell for you tomorow.

/lineaway make sense, although I though those has also 370 on the bottom of the cilinder edge.

Edited by crazybond700

Meaning that there was a new cylinder for Gas Gas bikes made from 1996? Even my bike is from 1998 but it still have the new cylinder that came in 1996?

When i have been looking at piston rings and pistons online i have seen piston rings and pistons described as type L and i must admit that it does not tell me much  :huh:

Anybody knows where they sell fan motors for a "nice" price like the one on the picture below

The motor must have the threaded axle for the fan blade which is fastened with a nut and also the "ears" that is used to attach the fan. Also attached with 3 small screws

post-21460-0-79448500-1441287245_thumb.jpg

post-21460-0-36440100-1441287473_thumb.jpg

Edited by thesaint

Meaning that there was a new cylinder for Gas Gas bikes made from 1996? Even my bike is from 1998 but it still have the new cylinder that came in 1996?

When i have been looking at piston rings and pistons online i have seen piston rings and pistons described as type L and i must admit that it does not tell me much  :huh:

LType piston ring has to do with the shape of the ring, if you look from it from the side (crosssection). An L shape is well, L shaped :P Actually an L on its side.

Edited by crazybond700

I found a place in germany that have the cylinder and piston rings with the correct part numbers for my bike and those parts is type L

I was able to get hold of a big "Jumbo" tank for my bike so now i can fill 1 more litre of fuel  :thumbup:

I had a company that makes decals making some original looking Gas Gas TX 320 decals for me  :thumbup:

So i only need to put on new TX 320 stickers on the big fuel tank(i will put new decals on the original small fuel tank as well)

So if any here need decals they can make them for you. Just let me know and i will PM you the email address to this company 

post-21460-0-33507100-1441289588_thumb.jpg

The R37 may be a casting number used by the manufacturer who cast the cylinder.  Rev3s have a 2 digit cast number that appears to represent the year the casting mold was made.  They tend to show a number 1 or 2 years older than the bike.  It probably depends on how quickly a cylinder can go from making the mold to getting delivered on a bike plus what ever inventory is held.