What Can Replace 2011 Frame?

ebowman85

Yea I can't expect a free frame lol. I already have the bike torn down to just the frame. Cleaning it up and getting it ready to be welded. Unless I can find a new frame real soon. Have a list of all the parts I need to order to get this POS back to tip top condition. Rebuilding the top end of the motor and getting to know this bike real well haha.

A dealer would recognise it for the heap it is and price it accordingly,better than some other unsuspecting clubman ending up with it thinking it was Ok .Not ideal I accept but what else would you do with it.Rebuilding trials bikes that have been treated this badly is throwing good money after bad.Dont know if the present owner got it at a price which reflected its condition or got stung.Hopefully it was cheap

Maybe the dealers in your area are more generous on part x prices but I've been offered some insulting offers in the past for good condition bikes

Edited by huski

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Dad of Two. I remember a very nice 348 do a wheelie in a section and the front forks pulled away with the tank. Incredibly the fuel line came off the carb about the same time the spark plug cap pulled off the plug. It burst into flames as the head stock broke from the rest of the frame! Was just incredible the timing that happened. That was twenty years ago. By some twist of fate I became the owner of that bike several months ago. I hope to have that bike running again for our vintage events this year! 

On the Sherco side of things, my son just bent the crap out of the bash plate on his bike. Waiting for gaskets. I knew this was a problem as the frame bends easily and the plate is very soft. Looks like I`ll be re-bending the skid plate at least once a month. I`ve replaced the  Top cylinder mounting bolt 4 times till I got one to hoId. I tried Loctite blue, then red and finally just got an extra long bolt and it held.  Damn 18 year old kids thinking they can splatter every rock they see!

• Like 1