Linkage Setup For Modern Ossa

lotus54

Yes, the only place I've seen them is this one

http://ttmoto.com.au/shop/titanium-dog-bone-link-kit/

Th are made in Europe, so probably someone else sells them also- but I couldn't find any.

Since this is my primary bike, I wanted to get the setup now.

Plus the exchange rate is pretty darn good to the States right now.

They are on the way, probably another week before I get it.

Tracking says 'inbound out of customs' so I think it is through customs going to USPS

Edited by lotus54

• 2 weeks later...

I got the new Ti linkage today.

Problem- it wasn't packed very well and missing at least the main rocker!

I wonder about people that just toss stuff in a bag and ship it around the world.

Especially something so expensive.

It was dropped shipped, so no blame to the retailer.

I have sent email to find out my next step,

Dang it!

What I did get looks very good.

A8FF1F7B-CE4A-4EEB-80A7-BF9216DA2F56_zps

Still trying to work out getting replacement part.

The shipper needs to file claim, although I a filing ken with my credit card company also. ( they have protection against loss in shipping)

The box was inside a bag, but not one of those with the really rugged plastic, but just a paper type. So once the box failed the parts could just tear a hole and fall out.

I tried contacting the company through the website and never got a response.

• 4 weeks later...

The seller got me the missing part.

It was not his fault, since it was drop-shipped. But he made darn sure I got it!

I have not had time to install (working on my new AJP and a customer bike) but will report as soon as I do.

It looks very good- it does have bushings rather than needle bearings- but with zerks I can just flush the old gunk out and have fresh grease in there every ride.

Should work well.

Plus the lifetime guarantee against breakage.

Mark

I installed my new Ti linkage today.

It fit perfectly, slid right together and no issues.

My only disappointment is it still uses the bushing setup rather than needle bearings.

But with easy way to lube- I can just pump some fresh grease in (getting rid if the old gork) every ride. So they will probably last a very long time.

AND I have a box of them.

I have just bounced it in the shop, but I'm sure it will be great.

F395EA86-DD5A-4117-A413-6C778B4345B8_zps

6EBA5ED5-3BC3-4334-8023-9CA1DAC6EF17_zps

CA75C86A-20DE-4143-B21F-592AA5F5CFD0_zps

• 2 weeks later...

It certainly looks very nice! 

And greasing the linkage is a five minute job (instead of and#39;a lot longer than that...and#39;) 

Do you use a specific type of grease or the usual all purpose grease (like Bel Ray)?

Edited by tcrhino

I have been using Motorex 628 white grease and Bel Ray Waterproof. Bel Ray holds best.

A friend of mine is very enthusiastic about Ditoil 1712 grease; he uses it on LandRovers (used off-road) and it seems to hold up really well. 

He gave me a small container with 1712 grease; will try it next time for the linkage. 

Edited by tcrhino

• 3 weeks later...

Drilling all the shafts for grease nipples is pretty straight forward and only took me an hour or so. With one exception, the main rocker shaft where I used a right angle fitting ,  all mine are little concave critters that you stick a needle into. Greasing with a cheapo compressed air grease gun is a 5 minute job, the longest part is rethreading the chain, and I do it after every trial.

Maybe needles are better but I am currently plotting how to convert my son's GG to use bushes. I have yet to replace any shafts and a full set of bushes for the Ossa is only $30 compared to $200 or so to do the GG.

• 4 weeks later...