Ossa Misfire

badger360

Badger, I guess this sounds dorky, but I sometimes get this when pottering about praccying or at a few local postage stamp trials, can you get it on road for a good thrash? It's clears shi&& out and seems to work? Seems cheap to try? Swap ht cap to ngk rubber one? Backerlite one is bit flaky. Techno bike with 40s style ht cap!!! Could u make it up!!! ???

Changed the plug cap last year as you said the old cap was crap the bike is running like it is mega lean starts and ticks over but touch the throttle and it cut out i cant even pull away if i disconect the tps the bike will run and rev up but then its over fueling like a carb bike with the choke on ,connect the tps again and it goes lean and wont rev put an new throttle body on and it still the same so i think its tps related

I had a running issue with my 2011 and took some advise from a poster on here about the TPS. I had the bike running and moved the tps very slightly until I thought it sounded cleaner. I locked it off and haven`t touched it since.

Might be worth a try if you are going to get it plugged in at Birketts anyway ?

Just mark the present position so you can return it if need be.

Th voltage should be .6 (with the software) at proper idle speed.

THEN set the TPS to the ECU (also with software. Otherwise the ECU isn't matched properly and it won't run correctly.

I found I need to reset it about very 100 hours.

You may be able to get it to run better, but I don't think it will ever be right.

Did you call T&T to see if they could get you the cables?

I always wished someone from the factory or who had been trained by the factory would post a detailed "how to" on the process and steps to follow to correctly set up the OSSA. I think I know what I'm doing but really have no idea if the process I follow is correct or if I miss something somewhere. The bike seems to be running okay so I must be doing something right but who really knows!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it may be the ecu at fault trials and tribs have the bike now just about every thing has been tried other than a different ecu ,they are going to try another ecu in the next couple of days but this is only to try, no new ecu for sale its needs to be the newer ecu .