evo 250 or 300

danbillam

6 hours ago, lineaway said:

Go for the spring. I rode my 16 250 factory for a month till I changed it. Made a world of difference. Foolish not to set the bike up correctly. 

was thinking that mate. even with 6 turns of preload the original spring it bottomed out with just a slight bounce. 

I fetched the 20% heavier spring from splatshop this morning and it feels so much better.

hoping to get out on it tomorrow now that's done.  

Had a few hours today and absolutely love the bike. Was practising right turns round trees on various gradients. Some short steep muddy bankings with roots. And long steep winding climbs.

How do you normally block the airbox off when you wash the bike? 

For motocross bikes we used to get plastic covers to fasten in place but not seen any for the beta.

IMG-20171021-WA0003.jpeg

• Like 1

Noticed aswell my balance is alot better still than I thought it would be. Can stand stationary for a minute plus. And full lock turns both ways from 1st to 3rd without a problem. 

Can't wait for my shoulder to be better and get on some rocks etc

• 2 weeks later...

45 minutes ago, wheelieman14 said:

I installed 0.84 fork spring and 7.8 shock spring. I weigh about 205 lbs + riding gear and it made a huge difference in how well it handles. Front fork seemed a little bit stiff, so I cut down plastic pre-load spacer 9 mm and it turns well.

hi mate, ive done about 10 hours now with the 20% stiffer rear spring and the front with just preload changed. seems to be well balanced and feels good when riding

• 2 years later...

Tank tape on the frame triangle just in front of the air box, as advised by Beta UK in their SSDT prep document. I’ve only been doing it for the last couple of trials but it seems a big improvement. Previously the air filter was wet, muddy and had a few bits of leaf and twig every time.