fourex

Bing Carb specs for Model 183 Sherpa T.

I have recently bought a 1976 Sherpa T 350 model 183 which I have not yet taken delivery of due to it being in transit from a few thousand kilometres away, should see it soon.

The pics I have of it,  show it wearing a Mikuni or a TMK or something. Basically, I want to return it to std once it arrives and I have a worn Bing T84 (28mm) that I just bought on flea-bay that I want to refurb and fit to this bike, I know that this will require new inlet/outlet rubbers but they are easily sourced from places like in-motion.

Question is for any aficionados, what jetting would one recommend for this model with the Bing 28 mm ?

I have a copy of a model 191 owners manual that someone gave me that states the following jet sizes............

Slide= 5

Needle=1(position 2)

Needle jet= 2.73

Main jet= 125

Pilot Jet=35 - 65

Do these numbers sound right?  Most of this stuff is still available but quite expensive so I would like to try and get it right 1st time, that pilot jet sizing is non-committal (35 - 65).

I'm in Australia at sea level approx and average temp is 20 degrees Celsius if this helps.  Any advice appreciated.

IMG_5923.JPG

Bing 02.jpg

Hi Fourex. If you can wait until Saturday I`m going out to Upper Brookfield where I have a Bing sitting on a shelf off a M199 or I can pull one off a M199A or a M199B and get all the jet sizes for you. You can only buy 0 slides now too so you will have to file a new one to suit. I`m in the same area as you so the jetting off these bikes should be what you need. Graham.

I'd stick with the Mikuni. Bings are incredibly fickle and in my experience go out of tune very quickly.

Edited by model80
  • Like 1

Hello

This is what I found in my Bing carb for my 199B

Idle 45

Needle jet 2,73

Main 123

Markings on throttle valve and needle are difficult to understand but needle was in 2nd position from top.

Edited by carl ekblom
  • Like 1

Sorry, I thought I had all the info I needed, but...........

Should there be a spring on the air screw ?  I've fitted a new 'O' ring to my air screw but should a spring be their also ?

Hi fourex. As far as I can remember there is no spring on the air screw on the Bings or on the Amals. The o-ring holds therm firm. Graham.

• Like 1