Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hario

Fuel cans

8 posts in this topic

im sick of splashing petrol around from a cheap can like a chump, and was wondering if there is a decent product out there that suits trials bikes. I know the enduro/mx crowd are pretty well covered in this respect

So, im wondering what everyone else uses, perhaps there's a particularly good fuel can out there?

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

I don't like the cheapo plastic cans either, so I bought one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5L-MILITARY-GREEN-METAL-JERRY-PETROL-CAN-5-Litre-with-Spout-Funnel-Hose/201562079745?_trkparms=aid%3D555019%26algo%3DPL.BANDIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20151016114640%26meid%3Df097c333111243cebd7b48783edadfa1%26pid%3D100507%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26&_trksid=p2045573.c100507.m3226

There are loads of people selling them on ebay. I just picked this one out at random to show you, but I think I paid about £15 for can + spout. It's a proper job.

Stihl (the chainsaw people) make a nice no spill fuel spout that works really well when you press it on top of the tank the fuel flows as soon as you lift off it stops ,might be worth a look?

4 people like this

Using Fuelfriend cans for trial hiking in the mountains they fit very well in the backpack.

From 0,5l to 1,5l also 2l and 5l are available, very good quality.

thanks all, some good ideas there

Have any of you tried one of the stihl/husqvarna auto shut off spouts on a trials bike?

On 27/11/2017 at 7:05 PM, michelinman said:

Stihl (the chainsaw people) make a nice no spill fuel spout that works really well when you press it on top of the tank the fuel flows as soon as you lift off it stops ,might be worth a look?

very good for gas gas and beta where you can t see it filling easily

8 hours ago, hario said:

thanks all, some good ideas there

Have any of you tried one of the stihl/husqvarna auto shut off spouts on a trials bike?

yes i have aspen do one too, very good