heffergm

That does sound like the point, yes. It looks like there might have been some primary drive changes done to help accomplish it. At least, the gearing on the bike in the pics is 10/39, which is atypical for your normal new GG to this point (been 11/42 for quite a while). Of course 10/39 and 11/42 are nearly identical, so.... :shrug:

Edited by heffergm

5 hours ago, Nebulous said:

There comes a time when you get sick of someone quoting every post you make.

Oh so cruel, farewell ? farewell??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️?? 

Edited by section swept

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2018 at 6:09 PM, copemech said:

" If we delve into its heart, we find one of the main modifications of this model: new crankshaft bearings that ensure the correct lubrication of the engine, ensure the hermetic fit of the assembly and, in turn, allow its easy and convenient maintenance from the exterior."

Can sumbody splains tome wtf this means?

well i just replaced the main bearings on my 17gp300.. so hearing they changed them kind of p****s me off now... I heard that some cases were machined too small which puckered the bearings but that wasnt the case with mine, bad batch of bearings I heard. 

Fixed all the things that were very un-KTM like and have made me want to burn mine as I’ve been stripping it down:

- No need to take the swingarm off just to replace the poxy slider (result - even if it is a good time to clean/grease everything)

- No need to split the back braking circuit to get the swingarm off (happy days - bleeding from scratch is a PITA)

- Can change crank seals from the outside (happy days - a wear item more likely to go than the bearings themselves on most two strokes)

- Various other mods to make it easier to live with and work on :)

Looks like a selection of useful mods to update the bike, playing at being Adam Raga on Eurosport can live on for me, who wants to be Toni Bou anyway?!? He rides a four stroke! :D

• Like 1