Italjet 350 Four Stroke

james111089

Anyone ever seen the italjet 350 fourstroke?

very very rare has anyone got any pics of one around.

There was one at our local trial on sunday it bloddy lucky to see one still in action.

I was the only person to have said anything about it to him, everyone else thought nothing of it maybe they thought it was homemade..

I did :thumbup:

must have been in 84 or 85

the German Importer had a whole bunch little green monsters and that one red beauty

and a hundred Suzukis and Yamahas, because he needed something to sell, too

you did stir up some memories ...

I have had 3 in my time, fitted sidecars to 2, and owned the last one sold in the UK, no 49 as I recall, to much power, allways up in the air or down on the deck......... Also known as the Gentleman black and chrome but only seen one in sales buff never importeded and maybe never made but still have the sales buff....

• 2 weeks later...

hello there,

this is mine one! at the time I'm restoring the bike, took the shots to show you how it was on original condition, although the bike is not finished at the time.

the bike was called Scott 350. there were two issues, one with a large seat and the other with a small one. basically identical bikes but there were a few with gold rims and white hubs, while other had silver rims and black hubs.

cheers from Italy :P

post-1727-1145995996.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I too own a Scott, it is a rare bike nowadays, it seems that only 100 were made. The engine is an Italjet two stroke (former ducati 125 two strokes, ducati sold moulds to italjet at the end of '70) to which were added pushrods, valves and the necessary stuffs. The bike is heavy and it is more a trail bike rather then a trials bike, in particular the frame is too tall, and the bike doesn't handle well, for example an honda TL250 (that I own too and made several trials with her) is better. Italjet however prepared a special racing four strokes trails bike that was in the italian championship with a good pilot, Lino della Rodolfa, that unfortunately dramatically died some years ago in a road accident. This bike, that was tested by the press, had a two stroke frame, very close to the bultaco sherpa's as you will surely know; the engine, even if larger, fits in and the bike should have been much better (but I didn't tested nor even saw her). Thinking to this now disapperead bike I started a project of replica of this bike, the problem being however the engine:but italjet (besides some variation on the scott theme like the ascot, a even more trail bike but very close to the scott) made also an enduro with this engine, it was basically the two stroke enduro (there was recently one for sale on ebay.uk) with the four stroke engine.

• 4 years later...

• 2 months later...

Stephano is correct, Ducati did sell the rights of thier 125 to Italjet, this was originally the basis to the Italjet two stroke Trials 250/350 engine. OK Italjet may had an associaton with Berni S, but thats as far as it goes, nothing about an Italjet is Bultaco. It's like saying a Zak-of-kaki is the same as a Honda, just cos Freddy Spencer rode both marques. The question is, did Ducati originally design the 125 two stroke as a fourstroke or visa versa as used in four stroke guise in the Italjet Scott. I love Italjets...got a 350 greeny, 250 feather, and a Scott.

• 2 years later...

Hey Everyone.  New to the site and to trials in general.  I just acquired a 1983 Italjet T350.  It seems some fo you are talking about two different italjets.  the red one which is also known as a 'scott' and then the green one with the white tank. that's the one I have.  It runs and could use new fenders/flaps and a headlight, but overall in decent shape.  any other owners on here??

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever seen the italjet 350 fourstroke?

very very rare has anyone got any pics of one around.

There was one at our local trial on sunday it bloddy lucky to see one still in action.

I was the only person to have said anything about it to him, everyone else thought nothing of it maybe they thought it was homemade..

I had an Italjet Scott 350 that I bought from Tony Davies who tried it after BSA opted out of the trials market and he lost his works ride - it was a 350cc fourstroke and I don't remember where Tony got it from, but it had hardly any mileage.

I was used to Ariel HTs and Ajay trials models, and thought the Italjet might let me carry on riding ordinary trials, but without losing my favourite fourstroke performance.  I was wrong, it was a fourstroke but had none of the usual power characteristics, so I happily sold it to a car racer in Hampshire - a friend of Jackie Stewart's - and I concentrated on building up the Pre-65 scene by creating the British Bike Championship, etc.