Youth Riders Vs Usa Expert Riders

wayne thais

No Ishy and Nigel, I am not joking quite yet!

As even Bigwig stated, there is a progression of ability and confidence and maturity that occurs naturally for those chosen few. I do believe that Alexz has the potential after seeing him ride, although I do not believe he is quite there yet, and the point of referance IS TOMMI A., as that is the only thing we have to draw from. Tommi is solid as a rock and his experience shows!

Call Tommi and ask him! He can tell you first hand what it is like trying to make a living riding in the US for a living!

Then, there is also the story about HAM and EGGS!

The chickens did their best!

The pigs were committed!

<_<

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The US Pro's realize they couldn't hold a candle to the WTC riders so they are content to be the big fish in the small pond that is the US trials scene. Geoff Aaron is a nice guy but I think it's a shame that he doesn't want to raise his game to at least compete with the best. Every time a Euro comes over here to contest the US C-ship he wins it with Aaron dutifully following in second place.

Truly saddening to me but many don't mind our position. Can anyone explain why it's OK to suck?

Ok to suck? Are you the best in the world at what you do for living? Congratulations if you are. Your hard work and determination has come full circle then. If you aren't, are you doing everything you can to be more successful and to rise above your competition? I think the dead horse is now being beaten with another dead horse. Don't let peta find out about that.

The US Pro's realize they couldn't hold a candle to the WTC riders so they are content to be the big fish in the small pond that is the US trials scene. Geoff Aaron is a nice guy but I think it's a shame that he doesn't want to raise his game to at least compete with the best. Every time a Euro comes over here to contest the US C-ship he wins it with Aaron dutifully following in second place.

Truly saddening to me but many don't mind our position. Can anyone explain why it's OK to suck?

Man, I have read this several times trying to understand what you just said, but I think the bottom line is

You just said we (as in the US) Suck at trials.

Is that right?

So you are either going to go away, or hang out with a bunch of folks you think Suck?

Been reading that book on how to win freinds and influence enemies I guess.

nasqam,

What do you think Aaron got to as good as he is and then thought that is good enough and now he is just sitting on the couch? It takes a lot of dedication to even stay at the pro level which is why the class has gotten smaller, if they can't ride and train full time they can't stay at that level.

I am also surprised anybody is surprised that the youth beat our experts. Those are obviously the worlds best kids since they made the trip to the U.S. and our experts are regular guys with jobs that are good riders that paid there own way to get there.

Those are obviously the worlds best kids since they made the trip to the U.S. and our experts are regular guys with jobs that are good riders that paid there own way to get there.

Why do so many Merkins (*) think that the youths are all bankrolled by the factories? <_<

* "Merkins" copyright George Dubya Bush 2004

Those are obviously the worlds best kids since they made the trip to the U.S. and our experts are regular guys with jobs that are good riders that paid there own way to get there.

Why do so many Merkins (*) think that the youths are all bankrolled by the factories? <_<

Well said that man!

I may have it wrong Kinnell, but let me repharase what he said a bit.

How many of the 125 class riders hold jobs and paid their own way here? I bet many of them have the same 100% Mom and Dad Factory ride that my kids have.

Several of our experts are folks over 21, holding down a regular job, bankrolling their competition through their work.

Not sure if that is any better.

Yes, we realize that most those youth are not "factory Sponsored" but at the same time Somebody (I would bet for the vast majority, it would be mom and dad) is toting the note to get them to competition and pay for the bikes etc. That does leave the actual competitor a bit more time for practice then some of our experts.

I didn't say anything about them being bank rolled by the factories just that they are the best kids in the world and our experts are regular guys that will be going no higher and some are on there way down.

Edit:

Ya, Alan that is more of what I meant.

Edited by sirhc

I didn't say anything about them being bank rolled by the factories just that they are the best kids in the world and our experts are regular guys that will be going no higher and some are on there way down.

True, but the implication was there all the same.

If it helps at all, these youths often beat the UK expert riders too. Compare the scores of the youths and experts here http://www.trialscentral.com/cms/files/200...s%20Results.pdf

Well said that man!

Atom, was it not you just a bit ago saying how people should just go ahead and post? Maybe it is responses like yours that keep people from doing it?

How was that Kinnel???? :P

True, but the implication was there all the same.

If it helps at all, these youths often beat the UK expert riders too. Compare the scores of the youths and experts here http://www.trialscentral.com/cms/files/200...s%20Results.pdf

God Kinnel, you UK riders must

Suck...................... <_<

This is just a joke by the way for all you that have not been following along on todays posts......................