Dunlop Rear

the addict

New tyre on for yesterday in Wales, tried a Dunlop over the Michelin and felt no better grip on the rocks than a used Mich but enourmous grip on the wet grassy climbs and mud even with 6 pounds in it all day, looked like a tractor Dad said. The Michelin seems to grip better on roots and rocks, anyone got any views on the Dunlop against the Mich, that includes you Ralphy!!!!

Edited by Betarev3

New tyre on for yesterday in Wales, tried a Dunlop over the Michelin and felt no better grip on the rocks than a used Mich but enourmous grip on the wet grassy climbs and mud even with 6 pounds in it all day, looked like a tractor Dad said. The Michelin seems to grip better on roots and rocks, anyone got any views on the Dunlop against the Mich, that includes you Ralphy!!!!

Hmmm, I just ordered a set of the Dunlops today. Too bad there arn't any wet grassy climbs or Mud here in Southern California!

I have got a new rear Dunlop 803 the latest tubeless tyre for sale if anyone wants it. I think they are really good tyres and have been using them for ages, but I would say that. I have always ran them at lower psi than michlins as they have stiffer side walls and don't seem to pop off the rim or pucture as easily.

If anyone wants the tyre it's

Edited by Doogle

i put a new rear dunlop 803 on last week and then went out practicing with it, i was very dissapointed with it as it wasnt gripping up rocks that my old nackerd would. i ran it 4 a few hours and it gradualy improved. anyway i road a trial with it on sunday and it felt alot better when it was worn in than it did when it was new

Best way to test this and really only the effective way is to go somewhere which has a range of sections with a mich fitted to the bike and a dunlop on a spare wheel. I did this earlier this year and found the michelin better on wet grass and on rocks but the dunlop better on proper mud.

i think riding style has an impact as does the type of bike you ride and where you live.

Find what you like best and stick with it would be my advice.

Hi Carl, yes found the Dunlop like a used Mich on the rocks on Sunday in the wet, Mich seems much better. As I said above worked really well on grass but dug in too much on the shale climbs and bogged, probably due to the stiffer side walls. Will try it out in the mud tomorrow, sneaking off at 2 for a play with the lads at the quarry

Fergygas, exactly what a mate said at the Lyn Traders, took a lap to wear it in then it got alot better on the slippy rocks, not as good as the Mich though