British Trials Championship

as iow

Possibly but is it important?

Has there ever been so many classes for the winning of such championships?

Why is the best uk lady not riding the championship?

I think you will find that the best Lady rider in the UK, and one of the best lady riders in Europe, is riding and has won the title for the last three years. I don't think that MC could beat BC & DF on present fourm.

The important thing is that they are good lads and exceptional talent not that they are in one club. IMHO and proved pretty much when she was riding regularily Maria Conway, MC is definately better. She may have not been riding as much but she finished the Scott didn't she? Have any others (ladies) done that recently, if ever?

The important thing is that they are good lads and exceptional talent not that they are in one club. IMHO and proved pretty much when she was riding regularily Maria Conway, MC is definately better. She may have not been riding as much but she finished the Scott didn't she? Have any others (ladies) done that recently, if ever?

Sorry Dabster but have to disagree with you on some issues. First of all Katy Sunter also finished the Scott in 2004 but Maria is the 1st woman for 30+ years to finish it in time so well done to Maria. However saying that MC is the best UK ladies trials rider because she used to beat the others is a load of rubbish as it is like saying that Steve Saunders is better than Doug Lampkin because he used to beat him when he used to ride regularly against him. Becky Cook has proved that not only is she the best UK ladies trials rider of the last few years but also one of the best in the world (i think 2nd at the mo). Also, on current form, Donna Fox is proving to be one of the best. Im not doubting that Maria is a hell of a rider but you just cant compare what she used to be like against what Becky and Donna ARE CURRENTLY doing. If or when Maria rides next surely she can only then be compared to the others. I believe that all 3 of them are in the ladies TDN team, so it should make for interesting viewing.

I agree with AS IoW, the best ladies ARE riding in the championship series - Becky & Donna with Katy & Emma not far behind.

Katy has writen to everyone concerned with the ladies championship in an effort to improve entries next year, let's hope Maria enters and then there will be no need to discuss the issue!

Well done IOW on your three champions, I think it is important from a club point of view.

i agree with bumpy, you cant compare the riders when they havent rode aganist each other for about the last 2 years or so, when they finally do then you can have your say dabster, anyway the scott doesnt prove who is the best trials rider.

First of all Katy Sunter also finished the Scott in 2004 but Maria is the 1st woman for 30+ years to finish it in time so well done to Maria.

Katy did a good job getting around the course but she was not classed as a finisher...

i agree with bumpy, you cant compare the riders when they havent rode aganist each other for about the last 2 years or so, when they finally do then you can have your say dabster, anyway the scott doesnt prove who is the best trials rider.

Saw MC at Seymours last wdnesday, looked good to me, we shall see at the TDN won't we, maria is riding currently think she has done a few trials recently local stuff so maybe that doesn't get noticed, but dougie and steve thats stretching the point a little isn't it???

Sorry Alan IOWMCC not the 1st. Sheffield & Hallamshire had 3 British Champions in 1998.

Robin & Gill Morewood (S/C) Davy Morewood (Twinshock) Richard Timperley (B Class).

It will be very interesting re the ladies at TDN. Forget who's the best lets just hope the team can go one better than last year!!!

Sorry Alan IOWMCC not the 1st. Sheffield & Hallamshire had 3 British Champions in 1998.

Robin & Gill Morewood (S/C) Davy Morewood (Twinshock) Richard Timperley (B Class).

It will be very interesting re the ladies at TDN. Forget who's the best lets just hope the team can go one better than last year!!!

Thanks for that, good to see the ladies are training together and i think that BC has dragged DF up a level, i think they need each other just like our boys work much better together. The Y.M.S.A. 3 day should do them good as well. :D