Addingham Moorside Closure

shercoo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Jennings was up there on Friday with Sam Jennings practicing and did see the Farmer. No Mention of any closure and other riders were there. I suspect the "local" is stil whining but has not been able to affect the land's use.

Edited by Telecat

Hi,

I haven't managed to follow this whole saga and applogise if I'm speaking out of turn.

Has anyone tried discussing the situation with the disgruntled resident.

Understanding their grievance and enlightening them may lead to a better solution than simply going to war.

Hi,

I haven't managed to follow this whole saga and applogise if I'm speaking out of turn.

Has anyone tried discussing the situation with the disgruntled resident.

Understanding their grievance and enlightening them may lead to a better solution than simply going to war.

What he said!

I don't think there is any suggestion of "going to war". No grevience has been aired to any trials rider at Addingham and as far as the farmer is concerned he seems to be keeping the venue open. When talking to some bicycle trials people there a couple of weeks ago they seemed to think the "resident" was aggrieved about the amount of traffic stopping him from getting his Sunday paper!!! As most traffic up there is due to the view, walkers, farms and the hunting dogs the Trials riders contribute very little except on events which he cannot stop anyway!

I don't think there is any suggestion of "going to war". No grevience has been aired to any trials rider at Addingham and as far as the farmer is concerned he seems to be keeping the venue open. When talking to some bicycle trials people there a couple of weeks ago they seemed to think the "resident" was aggrieved about the amount of traffic stopping him from getting his Sunday paper!!! As most traffic up there is due to the view, walkers, farms and the hunting dogs the Trials riders contribute very little except on events which he cannot stop anyway!

Now we all know what it's like turning up to trials where there is a narrow track/road leading to the venue, but you have just got to have a little patients if there is a slight queue. As this "resident" didn't seem to be complaining about noise levels i thinks he's being a bit perdantic in complaining only because it's going to take him 5 mins longer to collect his paper; it's not like this occurs every sunday. :beer: