Support Back Cowm

exiled yorkshireman

Firstly i have no connection with back cowm whatsoever apart from turning up paying my tenner and riding my bike....

I went at the weekend and spoke to one of the chaps who runs it. I am aware that there is an inquest ongoing and do not wish to comment about it and suggest we all avoid that particular point for the time being. However the guys who run the place are evidenty quite depressed about the current situation and do not know what the future holds for them. They are however, in my humble opinion, trying to run a quality, legal and enjoyable practise area for us to use. With the potential demise of addingham moorside this place (MORE THAN EVER) needs our support or we will lose this too....and i dont know about you but my back garden aint big enough to practise on... :D

So if you go,tell them youre 100% behind them

If you haven't been...go...its 200 acres and there's something there for everyone

And remember its only a tenner for crying out loud....or 2 packets of fags or 4 pints or a quarter of what it would cost to go the footie or whatever scenario you want to use...please feel free to let me know if there is anything else where you can have that much fun for a day with your clothes on ! :unsure:....for a tenner !!

use it or lose it. I remember watching a tv interview years ago when a prominant high court judge was being interviewed about fox hunting. He was adamant that it would not be banned as there were so many influential people who supported the cause. The last time i looked there were not that many judges doing trials (if you'll pardon the pun) :)

Anyroadup i'll stop rambling on....I promised the guy i would put a message of support on trials central and then tell him what sort of response i got next time i saw him...so if you agree or disagree or have any other opinion then please post on this thread...

thanks

Fanatsic place, watched british trilas there, been a couple of times riding with friends and had a right good blast. Tried things there i wouldn't try at home for some strange reason, it gives you a lift being there , knowing what type's of people have rode there practising and competing with the likes of Dougie ect. also done a couple of Sean Morris days, fantastic place, we need more places like it, but sadly i doubt we will get them .

Organising a trip up there with the lads in the next couple of weeks. So watch out as Pumpkin will be crashing about .

Keep ya chins up lads !!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dougie Pumpkin

sorry for being so neive but I am fairly knew to trials ls scene! Where is back cowm? :unsure:

my fault for not being clearer...have a look at www.cowmleisure.com for directions, but roughly its in the north west of england near Rochdale about 20 or so miles from manchester

I've only been doing trials for a few months too and this place has been useful for me and its a good bunch of people who i've met there too.

Back Comb really is a fantastice place for trials riding.

I have been there a number of times and had the most enjoyable day whatever the weather (even when snowing and icy!).

Across the site the is something for everyone from Rock steps to muddy slopes. If your trying to improve your trials riding then this is the place to go as it gives you the chance to try things that you wouldn't normally do.

I wish there were more places like Back Comb!

Well...its a bit far for me, but I wish it wasnt because it sounds fantastic....hopefully i will still make it there one day to check it out.

Really hope that it DOES stay open, coz there aint many place to ride are there!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously if they do have a problem and a bunch of signatures would make any difference, Id certainly sign...even if I NEVER go there!

Gonna be up there myself Saturday!! Wicked place, there's everything you need up there for a superb days trial biking! Lucky we've still got this place, lets not loose it like Addingham and various other practice venues.

Still ready to back anything that can be done to re-open Addingham, any more news chaps?